Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

How to clean these BlacK and Aluminum Rims!!

Old 02-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Default How to clean these BlacK and Aluminum Rims!!

Ok guys im trying to get these Black and Aluminum rims clean so i can wax the black part and polish the aluminum... but i have not yet found a good product to clean these rims and suggestion on wut product to use to get thses rims as clean as possible....!!!

Old 02-10-2009, 01:09 PM
Default RE: How to clean these BlacK and Aluminum Rims!!

first off i would say get ceramic brake pads saves a lot of time cleaning the rims.

Then for the black i just use what ever wax i use on my car NXT2.0 wax is what i use.

then for the alluminum i would use the mothers alluminum polish

Old 02-10-2009, 01:18 PM

ceramics i already have they work wonders for breaking and minimal dust.....compare to autozones duralast gold big diffrence..... second i want a product that will eliminate all the dirt from the rim so i can wax and polish em real easy.... anf for the alluminum i already have the bothers polish works wonders

Old 02-10-2009, 02:53 PM

I just use a microfiber sponge and then a bucket of soap and water then just spray them off and dry them then wax them

Old 02-10-2009, 03:38 PM

Do you use the spray on wax?

Old 02-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

I have never had a problem washing my wheels with just soap and water.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:35 PM

HEY!

I am a car detailer. The product that has worked on every car I have ever worked on has come from my shop.

You can buy every product at www.prevettes.com.

This section of the website has different stuff for cleaning. I reccomend:

If you want to go all out:
Ricks Best Tire and Wheel cleaner first. Spray on, soak for 2 minutes, scrub rim with warm wet soft brush.
RB's Clay lubricant and Clay Bar: Spray Lubricant and take clay and rub over rim some aggression. wipe off with a microfiber towel.
RB's Precleaning Lotion: This cleans the rim of all old wax, minor scratches, imperfections and such. Makes it squeaky clean!
RB's Sealant: Ultimate protection against all of the elements. This chemically bonds with the paint on the rim.
RB's Liquid Wax: Apply like any other wax. Wax on. Wait a minute. Wax off. THIS IS THE SHINE!

I hope you take a look! I am a car cleaning freak!

Old 08-28-2009, 08:09 PM

Sry to resurrect a old thread but,

I used armor-all rim and tire cleaner and not sure if it was the sht that got on the tire or the cleaner but it appears that the rim's clear coat is coming off. I used the cleaner after making sure it was for all types of rims.

anyway, let me know if i'm fked up and if its going to get worse, my plan is to get mcguires rim cleaner and quick wax.

currently the rims look like the clearcoat was melted off but no edge can be seen, they are on a 03 SS. they were using some kind of wet cement cutter on the road as i drove by(state would not pay for the car wash already asked) the next thing i am going to get is the scratch x 2.0 to take care of the scrapes from the thrown cement chips. and yes i gave them a wide birth, road works are worried about safety i bet not how pretty my car is