Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

head linners

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default head linners

ok i have the flames them that is threw out my car and thought about adding it to the head liner anyone know how to do this?

i know the basics but i have to find the fabric. seems to be a big issue for this and the trunk mats LOL

or have you added anything else like this to your car now or in the past?

Old 05-25-2005, 07:09 PM
Monte Of The Month - July 2005
Default RE: head linners

one of my friends just did that in his truck it really tied in his flames on the outside ill ask him tomorrow how he did it and get back to you

Old 05-25-2005, 10:14 PM

i am working on solving this issue for you right now just give me a couple of days to get the answer for you

Old 05-26-2005, 03:59 AM

ORIGINAL: mickey

ok i have the flames them that is threw out my car and thought about adding it to the head liner anyone know how to do this?

i know the basics but i have to find the fabric. seems to be a big issue for this and the trunk mats LOL

or have you added anything else like this to your car now or in the past?
you lost me on the first sentence, er, group of words

Old 05-26-2005, 11:56 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

lol he beglad i can type at all LOL

i have flames on the out side of the car. i want to put them in the head liner of the car.
has anyone donse this or do you know how to do this?

there ya go 04 ls

As far as the rest of you, Thank you for the help on this and will keep a eye open for the posts.

Old 05-27-2005, 02:59 AM

get flames embroidered in the headliner, was my thinking...

Old 05-27-2005, 03:34 AM

lol he beglad i can type at all LOL

i have flames on the out side of the car. i want to put them in the head liner of the car.
has anyone donse this or do you know how to do this?

there ya go 04 ls

As far as the rest of you, Thank you for the help on this and will keep a eye open for the posts.
can't you utilize the same technique you are using on the trunk lid cover for the headliner?

Old 05-27-2005, 08:19 AM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

yeah kind of but it is a diffrent foaam you need for the head liner.

but that is what i was thinking also and was hoping someone had done iot so i could make sure that would work

but i want the 3d effect on the head liner not the embroderd ones i check on those to and they were almost 300.00 a flame here
and if i want to make it look right im goign to need more then one. that was just a out line and it was only going to be about 6" at the widest part of the tip thought it was to high

Old 05-27-2005, 12:37 PM

yeah kind of but it is a diffrent foaam you need for the head liner.

but that is what i was thinking also and was hoping someone had done iot so i could make sure that would work

but i want the 3d effect on the head liner not the embroderd ones i check on those to and they were almost 300.00 a flame here
and if i want to make it look right im goign to need more then one. that was just a out line and it was only going to be about 6" at the widest part of the tip thought it was to high
you just need a less dense foam right? Because im in the industry, this comes to mind. Contact your local wheelchair provider, they will tell you if there is a vendor locally who does custom seating systems. They have rolls and rolls of varying density foams, you may be able to get thier scraps or even buy some from them off the roll. It's worth a shot, all they can do is say no.

Old 05-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

true never thought of that,
normally the stuff they put under headlinners is of high density foam but i bet i could make low dens. work just have to buld the flames in to somethign like chop borad or somethign like this under the foam to give them teh height i would need to give the right effect. have to see what i can find for this.
Thanx for the idea

Quick Reply: head linners