Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

FRUSTRATED

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:48 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007
Default FRUSTRATED

I workmy **** off keeping my BLACK car looking nice, but it seems like it is an unending project. Every week I findnew scratches or a stress mark (headlight cutout on fender), or something. Someone joked that I am going to rub the paint off the car, andthe true is, I have on a couple high spots.

Have you found high spots on your car where you can actually start to see the primer? The thing is, now how do you fix that... you really can't unless you take it down to almost (if not) bare metal and then repaint it! The high spots I have found are next to the headlight cut-out on the fender (about 1/2" from the fold over and you can also see a where the paint formed a drip about a 1/2" below that).

I think my only recourse is repaint, or have some airbrushing done to cover, or vinyl graphics. What would you do?

Old 10-01-2007, 11:18 AM
Default RE: FRUSTRATED

Take it back to the dealer. Body paint defect

Old 10-01-2007, 12:23 PM

I know your pain ...
I've just come to accept that there's going to be scratches as long as i continue to use and drive the car everyday ...
I mean i'll wash it and keep it as clean as I can and try to protect it the best way I can, but in the end hey it's going to happen regardless..
I feel it's not worth the stress, because there is too many other things to worry about like shopping karts, and other bad drivers running into it and not to mention car thieves and ninjas ...

btw.. your car looks nice from the photos ...

Old 10-01-2007, 01:13 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

Your right! I need to forget about it... BUT I CAN'T!!! Nobody sees the flaws I see... My daughter thinks I'm nuts! as do the neighbors, the wife, and the folks at work that see me detailing the heck out of it all the time.

I just contacted Pamela Shanteau to get a quote on a Real-Fire Flame job, and we will see if I can afford it or not. Paint job or Turbo, Paint job or New Wheels & Tires...

Old 10-01-2007, 01:17 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

take a few deep breaths and come to accept it... i know the feeling. try a little rubbing compound... you may be able to buff it out.

Old 10-01-2007, 01:33 PM

Just remember,"A car is for transportation" That's what people have told me in the past,but it doesn't really work for me either.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: Twisted_Metal

I feel it's not worth the stress, because there is too many other things to worry about like shopping karts, and other bad drivers running into it and not to mention car thieves and ninjas ...

around here, we have more pirates than ninja's...

Old 10-01-2007, 02:54 PM

I was wondering if someone was going to notice that ...

Old 10-02-2007, 02:49 PM

The problem with us "gearheads" is that little things bother us...even those things thatwill never beseen or noticed by others. Heck, we're even bothered by those things that we ourselves can't see, but we nevertheless know are present. Personally, I'm convinced that there isno cure for people like us. Just keep on polishing, and know that you're not alone. The secret of life isenjoying the passage of time, anddeveloping the ability to not worry about those things over which you have no control. "Our" main problem, I suppose, is that we ultimately have control over everything relating to our cars- to the extent that our bank accounts will allow. [:-]

Old 10-02-2007, 08:25 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

Take it back to the dealer. Body paint defect

The funny part of that statement is: he IS the dealer.

If your rubbing through the factory paint, chances are you'll eventually rub through the flame job too.
Get the flame job, but ease up on the rubbing and buffing from now on.

Quick Reply: FRUSTRATED