Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

drying

Old 10-31-2013, 11:18 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member
Default drying

Has anyone used the blaster sidekick? It says its mainly for motorcycles but I cant justify paying $300 for the master blaster for cars.

Old 10-31-2013, 11:38 AM

Hi `Tweek,
Below is a lower cost alternative...I use a power leaf blower. First I use a water blade & then blow out the water from the doors/trunk/hood etc...
It works good 4 me & is a lot cheaper then the master blaster 4-Sure...
Just my thoughts to maybe help U save some $'s..
Below is one inexpensive one from Walmart...It states it will do 150 MPH I haven't timed `it or clocked it in a 1/4 miles (LOL( or use the below one >
GreenWorks Tools Gen1 40V Variable Speed Blower

Item Description

DUB1053

Features:
  • Sweeper
  • Offers up to 150 mph of wind speed
  • Ergonomic well balance design for user comfort
  • Creates less noise while working out in your yard
  • Simple electric start eliminates the hassle of gas
  • Performs at maximum power for the best lawn care
  • 9.75" H x 6.75" W x 33.5" D, 3.39 lbs
Specifications:
  • Only compatible with Gen1 40 V Batteries, Models 29302 and 29282
Collection:
  • Gen1 collection

Specifications

Model No.UB1053Shipping Weight (in pounds):5.27Product in Inches (L x W x H):33.5 x 6.75 x 9.75

More Product Details
  • $37.99

Last edited by Space; 10-31-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:43 AM

leaf blowers - Walmart.com < Click for more BLOWER's @ Walmart...

< Less then $27 (WOW) Going to get one for my bedroom (LOL) to blow the dirt `out

Old 10-31-2013, 12:08 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I've used my portable pancake compressor to go around the car and blow water out of the little nooks and crannies. Works well.

Old 10-31-2013, 02:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

I prefer my synthetic chamois! Its like a magnet for water! I have never found anything else that just sucks it up and leaves the surface absolutely dry with no streaking.

Then once I arrive at my destination... I get it out wipe down the residual water that shows up and that's it.... Its shiny dry.

It only cost me $8.00

Old 10-31-2013, 02:27 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2010
Monte Of The Month -- July 2013
IT HERTZ
5 Year Member

I use the Master Blaster for 2 years now and love it !!

Attached Thumbnails drying-metro_master_blaster.jpg  
Old 10-31-2013, 04:50 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Blazed SS View Post
I use the Master Blaster for 2 years now and love it !!
That one is $300 I was looking at getting the sidekick

Old 10-31-2013, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by STUMPMI View Post
I prefer my synthetic chamois! Its like a magnet for water! I have never found anything else that just sucks it up and leaves the surface absolutely dry with no streaking.

Then once I arrive at my destination... I get it out wipe down the residual water that shows up and that's it.... Its shiny dry.

It only cost me $8.00
Try this, get a microfiber towel and get it soaking wet. Then wring out the microfiber so it is damp and then swipe in one direction across an entire panel or until the microfiber get saturated with water again and keep doing that. The thing with synthetic chamois is that it doesn't pick anything up other then water. If you have any dust or anything like that on the car that lands after the wash then you run a risk of scratching the paint. Doing it with a damp microfiber will not only suck up the water but will also pick up any dirt or dust that falls onto the paint after the wash. This is the guy that I learned this from. It works extremely well, especially if you use his product called ammo hydrate.

He starts talking about drying at about the 15 minute mark. But I recommend watching the whole thing because there is a ton of information in this video along with all his videos.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by iMuf View Post
Try this, get a microfiber towel and get it soaking wet. Then wring out the microfiber so it is damp and then swipe in one direction across an entire panel or until the microfiber get saturated with water again and keep doing that. The thing with synthetic chamois is that it doesn't pick anything up other then water. If you have any dust or anything like that on the car that lands after the wash then you run a risk of scratching the paint. Doing it with a damp microfiber will not only suck up the water but will also pick up any dirt or dust that falls onto the paint after the wash. This is the guy that I learned this from. It works extremely well, especially if you use his product called ammo hydrate.

Aston Martin Rapide: 8 Easy Steps for Exterior Spring Cleaning - YouTube

He starts talking about drying at about the 15 minute mark. But I recommend watching the whole thing because there is a ton of information in this video along with all his videos.
FYI

Mine in fact does pick up the dirt....
Lambs skin chamois don't pickup dirt...
The synthetic... does...

But tks for the video.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:04 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Purchase it from a quality vendor so you can use the warranty. It should hold up fine for your car

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: drying

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.