Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

detailing is my profession

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 09:35 AM
Default RE: detailing is my profession

ORIGINAL: midnightSS

I am a professional detailer at a car dealership so if u guys need some help with something I have been doin it almost 2 years now. Let me know and I could probably help u and save you a little money maybe.
Hi Joe, & Welcome to the MCF
What type of dealership do you work ? What name products are you using ?
What is the most difficult color to wax clean ?
What is the best color to have ?
We will look forward to your post & expertise in this area.
Please post some pic's of your Monte : )
Safe/Happy/Clean miles to you.
`Space

Old 03-04-2007, 05:23 PM

I work at a dealership that sells GMC, Pontiac, and buick. the name of the product is called car bright but we have a guy that brings it to us. Most difficult color to wax and clean. Well wax would be black. clean would have to say both black and white. whites a little harder to get clean but not as hard to keep clean like black. best color to have would be something light colord like silver or pewter (tan). I have a pewter car before this one and I could go a LONG time without washing it if I had to. wanna know anything else just ask away

Old 03-06-2007, 09:56 PM

Ok, I can safely say that I am a detailing expert myself as you guys have seen my 2 Black cars. As for leather seats and dash trim, the BEST thing to use is Aerospace 303 Protectant. Does not contain petroloum distilates which actually damage your dash and the glues holding things together. Its expensive but by far the best product. Does not leave your seats greasy either, but definitely gives them a nice satin look. As for wax, on black cars, Eagle One nanowax...I cant duplicate better results..Of course Clay barring your car is a must first. Now, the durability is questionable, but for the deepest shine, it cannot be beat!

Jason

Old 03-07-2007, 11:10 PM

I'm sorry. I mean I bet you are probably good at detailing but once you have detailed cars 8 hours a day for like 2 years or better. I know my stuff pretty good. I have to dissagree about eagle one. It may be good but not the best. Trust me I use stuff thats much better. I'm not sayin eagle ones not good but there are definately better waxes out there.

Old 03-08-2007, 01:57 AM

I use Meguiars Gold Class Leather Conditioner

Old 03-08-2007, 02:00 AM

ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

i think this spring i'm gonna do 3 coats of wax so it looks shinier than ever
Depending on what wax you use, you will be wasting your time. Hopefully you aren't using a carnauba wax, while it is very durable, it has ultra fine abrasives in it and can not be layered as the second coat effectively removes the first. Now if you use a synthetic wax, or S100, then you can absolutely layer it and it will do exactly what you are hoping to do.

Old 03-08-2007, 05:46 PM

Hey, what about this new Turtle Wax Ice stuff? Apparently not supposed to leave any white crap when you polish, and can be used on black trim without any white buildup in the creases. Don't know anything about eh shine or durability but have had some comments that it works great.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:46 PM

I can get you guys some wax that you cant get in stores that is AMAZING. Its called black pearl and it does such a good job and polishes off so easily. Let me know. Its like $20 for a 32 oz. bottle of it.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:31 PM

And it works well on black cars? Durability?

Old 03-08-2007, 11:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

Hey, what about this new Turtle Wax Ice stuff? Apparently not supposed to leave any white crap when you polish, and can be used on black trim without any white buildup in the creases. Don't know anything about eh shine or durability but have had some comments that it works great.
I've never used the TW Ice, and I probably never will as Turtle Wax is inferior product compared to what I use now. The only TW product I use on my car is the Platinum Ultra Gloss Detailer. It's gloss, swirl removing abilities, and durability are second to none. I love it! And the fact that it's readily available at most places they sell detailing supplies makes it that much better.

I think to be fair I should shut my mouth and actually try the stuff. And for those who are thinking about trying it, keep in mind it's a polish and should be topped off by a nice wax to seal it.

Just a FYI, there are alot of products that don't stain trim or leave powdery residue when removed, although most of them aren't available at your local WalMart. No build-up is nice, but surely the lack of color has alot to do with that. Personally, I'd like the product to have some pigment so I can be sure to apply it everywhere and remove it all as well. One of the waxes I use, S100, is a very light yellow and it's applied in very thin coats so it's kind of hard to ensure complete application, although somehow I manage.

Quick Reply: detailing is my profession