Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Detailing later today

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 11:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

What all did you do to it..

Old 05-08-2011, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member

Full detail, i did the vinyl, leather conditioner, extracted the carpet, compound, poilish wax, wetsanded passenger headlight to lighten the scratch, polished rims.

Old 05-08-2011, 02:07 AM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Came out great. Glad the customer was happy.

Old 05-08-2011, 06:22 AM

Hi `Jonny,
Super Detail as always...Thanks for posting your b-4 & after pictures...That's a LARGE Expensive SUV 4-Sure...

I hope the owner gave you a BIG TIP for your talents & hard work...$$$$...What's next ?

How's your Monte ? Is it detailed ?

Old 05-08-2011, 08:16 AM
5 Year Member

Well my monte has no door, fender, or front bumper on, the door new door is primered. Its coming along slowly. I just bough new tails lights so im waiting for them to come in.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:22 AM

`Jonny, Good Luck on getting your Monte back 2gether.
Sometimes it takes time to get important things done + $'s really helps a lot....Wish you the best on getting your Monte back on the Road... + more high paying customer's in your business.
Thanks 4 the update.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:50 AM

GOT SPL

Originally Posted by gothkid
Full detail, i did the vinyl, leather conditioner, extracted the carpet, compound, poilish wax, wetsanded passenger headlight to lighten the scratch, polished rims.
Wish I could do all that in 6 hours. haha. I spent 15 hours on a black Hummer H2 that got my level 3 detail and just a light interior cleaning. But I had to spend some time on it though as the paint was so very soft unlike normal GM paint thats rock hard like my monte. I could barley touch it with my new Flex PE14 Rotary buffer, I had to do it all with the DA Polisher

Old 05-08-2011, 10:09 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by jaws2008
Wish I could do all that in 6 hours. haha. I spent 15 hours on a black Hummer H2 that got my level 3 detail and just a light interior cleaning. But I had to spend some time on it though as the paint was so very soft unlike normal GM paint thats rock hard like my monte. I could barley touch it with my new Flex PE14 Rotary buffer, I had to do it all with the DA Polisher
Well it wasnt easy, i was talkin to a friend that works at a caddy dealer and he said caddy have some soft clear. So i contacted detail king threw facebook asking for recommendations. They suggested a green pad and a nice compound (there was some scratches). This is what he did to his own black caddy and had good results. So i used my makita buffer 9227c, and meguires compound went to town. I followed that with a polish similar to black ardex (designed for darker cars), the waxed it in with a cheap da.

Old 05-08-2011, 11:57 AM

GOT SPL

Have you ever tried the Meguairs Soft Buff 2.0 Pads. I use the 7" ones on my Rotary they work nice(also I use the 4" ones). They have the Maroon ones that are for extreme cutting. There Yellow ones that are for all around they work fantastic and Black ones that are a no cut pad thats great for fine polishing. I Think there the best pads I have used they are currently replacing all my Lake Country CCS pads except the red ones that I use for machine waxing.

With the Meguiars Yellow Pads I can compound(usually M105) to remove swirls and then pick up a new Yellow pad and polish out to a high gloss(usually M205), Depending on the car though I need to polish with a DA do finnish out the car absolutely swirl free. Usually for the DA I use the Meguiars Black pad with Wolfgang Finishing Glaze 3.0(it often makes the paint look even more wet too)

Sorry if I made this a bit long but I just wanted to say what I normally do and I highly recommend trying out those pads, I can post a link to them if you would like to check em out.

Old 05-08-2011, 01:21 PM

Maryland needs quality detailers around here... i swear.

Quick Reply: Detailing later today