Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Custom Eyelids

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009
Default Custom Eyelids

Would this product be good for custom eyelids? Some one told me that I should use 3M or Oracle vinyl for racing stripes, but what about eyelids on the headlights? Would it matter?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Supposedly it's made of Avery A9 graphics vinyl. Thanks for the tips!

Old 09-15-2009, 08:01 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

Are you crazy just kidding man,

Stay away from avery products like this read the white box that describes this vinyl, Look what it says "Permanent acrylic sensative adhesive" That means Once its on it is not meant to come off.

I am not joking avery vinyl will last very little time and be a royal pain to get off, its unlikely you can remove it without damiging the paint on your car.

I am so glad I could stop you from making a mistake that was given to me by no choice, because I didn't know at the time until I found out how to fix the unfortunate problem with cheap vinyl.

Oracal or 3m is best and Never order vinyl that says permanent adhesive, Permanent means one thing not meant to come off.

Vinyl is meant to come off, I don't understand why Anybody would sell a permanent adhesive vinyl for a car its so ridiculus and once you experience the horrors of it you will wish you paid a little more, you get what you pay for

I went through 4 rubber wheels at $20 dollars a pop and a whole bunch of chemical removers like goof off and nothing worked easily

I spent $200 just trying to remove my permant stripes off and I took the paint off my har and where my stripes are covering, there is still a permanent yellow adehisvie on my car that will have to be repainted some day if I ever take my stripes off.

Just a warning

Old 09-15-2009, 08:03 PM

Alot of members seen what I went through on this forum with avery stripes which were my first kit on accident and it took two weeks of 4 hour evenings just to get all my stripes off, It was not fun.

Old 09-15-2009, 08:20 PM

Here is the Proof which I am trying to protect you and all members from

Look at the attached pictures closely

Attached Thumbnails Custom Eyelids-removing-2006-mc-stripes.jpg   Custom Eyelids-imgp3223.jpg   Custom Eyelids-imgp3242.jpg  
Old 09-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

mavrick that is a great post for everyone, someone should do a sticky thing on dos and don'ts for decals with adhesive on here, thanks for sharing your horror stories about using permanent and non-permanent decals!!!! thanks man, if you only help one that is better than not helping none!!

Old 09-15-2009, 09:16 PM

Thanks, I will do a post like that to help all, There is a post that I did about when my stripes got bad and I called to get my stripes replaced and the whole situation of me removing the stripes, I actually got my car buffed real good and popped my hood open at a car show and when I won my first place trophy it was with the stripes off, I couldn't believe it, and I wasn't sure about doing the big Lowrider car show here but I decided to stay up all night in line to get one of 20 spots left for the big show and showed my car even after the whole incident with my stripes off too, I just said I will do my best with what I got and did it and I wasn't punished for my misfortune of having no stripes for a couple months, Feels so good to overcome this obstacle and Have my car back the way it was with the new oracal high grade stripes on.

The whole situation I went through is nothing anybody should have to go through and is no fun, but the expierence from it and to help all with the experience I gained Is Priceless

Old 09-15-2009, 09:17 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Very good advice - and I'd stick with 3M

Old 09-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Photobucket

Cool. Thanks. I'll avoid it even for the eyelids too. Thanks again!

Old 09-16-2009, 11:55 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- November 2009
3 Year Member

I just ran out a layer of black lettering vinyl..trimmed and covered with the red lettering (6year premium) vinyl. works fine and when removed the lights clean up easy...

Old 09-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Photobucket

Well then... Could you get me enough for a couple eyelids? What kind is it?

Quick Reply: Custom Eyelids