Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Cheap easy and looks cool!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 11:07 PM

Ill have to get it to you tomarrow. My wife and son are sleeping now so I dont wanna be ruffling through the cabinets looking for my printouts. So for sure be on the lookout tomarrow morning and Ill PM you with some info on her deal and how she works everything so you can maybe ask for somthing she has out of stock and see if you can get some free stuff.
If you're looking to just change bulbs and get that little hugh of color, you'll be fine with just buying her 15 dollar bulbs/30 bucks for the high/lows. And the whole out of stock deal, shes cool with it so its not like you're scamming her or nothing. But yeah, Ill get that to you in the morning for sure. I might even have some left overs, if you have paypal, we could even work somthing out and Ill give you a good price if you're interested in blue, or I might have some purple left. Again, let me know if you're interseed in that also.

Old 06-22-2010, 06:46 AM

i would suggets against the tail light covers, they just wreck the body line are are harder to see out of. I recommend Nite Shade

Here is 3 light cotes, but at least you can choose how dark u want em, but dont go past 3

@ night

Old 06-22-2010, 11:11 AM

Gotta love the nightshades!! The only thing you have to be carful with when using is (other than the process it self) is if you get A holed, you could possibly be at fault. I have gotten out of a ticket when I smashed into this *** that slammed on his brakes. His tails had the ddark cover over them though and with the nightshades, you can keep it as dark or as light as you want.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:29 AM

Here is some of her lights. Like I said, if you're planning on tinting/smoking your housing, these probably are not the best thing to go with. But in your stock housing, they are brighter than stock and another thing, they are not gonna light up in a brilliant color like oyu see real hid's do, they just give a good hugh and are for sure noticable over stock yellow/white (you know the blue that is really white.
But here you go, check her out>>
http://stores.ebay.com/bestblueheadlights

Old 06-22-2010, 11:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

carefull with collored headlight i know some states sucks as mine look down on that and can be a pricy fine

Old 06-23-2010, 09:07 PM

Yes, most states look down on some colord lights. But heres the thing... well, two things. The only reason headlights can be illegal is:
1> Impersonation of emergency vehicle (red or blue> too blue)
2> light output is too weak (tinted housing or smoked housing without true HID's)
3> Lows are too bright (wattage is higher than 55 watts) Highs can be up to 110 W.
The other thing about these lights is, they dont give off a pure color, its just that hint and just enough to see a difference nothing for the cops to get chub over.
It is said that, light blue is acceptable, and you can have somwhat green, purple, and yellow. But of course, there is always that cop that has to be the big shot, the big enforcer. But with the lights I reccomended, it should be just fine, I had them on my contour for like three years and never got no hassle from cops.
Again though, I do agree with what you said about the laws, some lights are just plain illegal.

Old 06-23-2010, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
carefull with collored headlight i know some states sucks as mine look down on that and can be a pricy fine
In WI, you can get pulled over just for having those clip over taillight covers that outline a bow tie or oval. pretty dumb if you ask me as they really arent even noticeable when braking, as they are drowned out by the brightness of the lights.

Old 06-24-2010, 12:00 AM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by saigashooter
In WI, you can get pulled over just for having those clip over taillight covers that outline a bow tie or oval. pretty dumb if you ask me as they really arent even noticeable when braking, as they are drowned out by the brightness of the lights.
where in wisconsin are you?

i have the 10k hid kit and theyre pretty blue and ive had no problems whatsoever, i know thats not really what you said, but jonny (gothkid) has his reverse lights tinted with the bowtie and i dont think hes had trouble either

Old 06-29-2010, 09:07 AM

I have a buddy that has a super-dark tinted car... 5% all around and 35% on the windshield. Its so dark that he couldn't see well while backing up, so he wired in HIDs in his reverse lights. Pretty cool!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:31 AM

Another thing you can do (if you have foglights or have the holes for them) is custom make somthing to fit regular 9006/9005 COLORED headlight bulbs and wire a switch so you can turn them on and off when you want. That is what I am working on now and Im stealing the "switch idea" from trewyn15, you know, the switch he has behind the gearshift in that empty panel. Its gonna be really cool, very VERY BRIGHT red pretty sure im going with 9005 though.

Quick Reply: Cheap easy and looks cool!