Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Cheap easy and looks cool!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

you can find a good kit for about $40, its not required but its gonna help out the light output alot, mine decreased quite a bit but i have the 10k kit so it helped it stay to where i could see a little.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

If you care about being able to see at night, don't get the ebay headlights (the only aftermarket lights available for 5th gens). The lighting is horrible, two spotlights FTL.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:30 PM

So if i got these
http://www.amazon.com/TEXON-8000K-HA...078145&sr=1-11

and the equiv for the low beams but DIDNT install the HID kit, they basically would look like garabage? dim and not as good as stock?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by covenantl33t
So if i got these
http://www.amazon.com/TEXON-8000K-HA...078145&sr=1-11

and the equiv for the low beams but DIDNT install the HID kit, they basically would look like garabage? dim and not as good as stock?
Probem with them is there bulbs and not the kit, you can buy a 8k hid kit off ebay for 50 bucks.

The headlights housing is near 150, but there is alot of things in that price range.

If you cant find anything for your car make sure to check the lumina, thats how i found my CAI.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:28 PM

Tint rear tail lights.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:35 PM

where can i find a taillight cover, ive checked amazon and google but im not sure id trust some of these websites for auto parts ya know. where have you gotten them?

Old 06-21-2010, 04:35 PM

and as of right now, i'm looking at a billet grille, possibly an adhesive hood scoop, taillight covers (if i can find them) and maybe some pinstriping. thats what ive come up with and thought about thus far. thank you everyone for your suggestions

Old 06-21-2010, 06:05 PM

I like the striping idea, and the tinted tails.

Personally, I've never seen an adhesive scoop that didn't look like crap. They always sit wrong and you can tell they are fake.

Old 06-21-2010, 09:54 PM

X a fkn million on the scoop. But the reason I say that is cause I have never seen anybody that could get it on straight. If it came down to somone that could put a fake scoop on a car that looked straight, I wouldnt look down on it. Ive never been a "downer" on "fake" cosmetics, they're not my thing, but I dont think there is anyhting wrong with them... Come to think of it, I have seen one that looks good, hes on here somtimes and hes got a white 07 SS. If you do decide to get a fake hood scoop, PLEASE get it on straight, or you'll get the bashers all over your ***. If you're looking for colored headlight bulbs in the 9006/9005 (i think thats what you need) ebay does have a decent seller for them and I have used them in the past, they are "eurodesinz" (im pretty sure thats what they call them selvs) They sell a few different colors ie blue green white purple yellow, and the light output is OKAY, not great, but much better than stock. But worthless if you're gonna do any tinting or smoking of the housing. I gave all my old sets to a friend with smoked housing, and you couldnt see a dam thing at night. The purple were my favorite cause it really was purple not that crap white purple you would expect. And the seller is awesome about the whole deal, if she doesnt have the stuff in stock, she offers you another color for free, then sends you the color you wanted (the one she didnt have in stock) for free. I ended up getting 90 some dollars worth of headlights for free about a year and a half ago. Let me know and ill give you a link to her ebay store.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:50 PM

yes absolutely ill take her name, am i going to need a HID kit or anything to get the new bulbs?

Quick Reply: Cheap easy and looks cool!