Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Car cover?

Old 10-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Default Car cover?

Ive got a problem and I hope someone can help me out. I live in Topeka Kansas (thats only one of my problems LOL) and I cant put my car in the garage.Last nightwas the first night that it froze over and my car was covered in ice this morning. I really love rollin around in a super clean car, but once the ice melts off it leaves water spots and on a black car it makes it look almost like i drove it in the rain. I was kinda playin with the idea about getting a cover for my car that i could put on it at night. Does any one have any info about covers for my car. Prices, websites, how well will it work, different styles? Any info you can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:48 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Car cover?

welll, the problem with the car cover will be that it can freeze to the car (TRUST ME, i know, even though i live in NC). it does do a great job of keeping hte mist from settling on your car becasue you can just pull the cover back and TADA, clean car. however, when it's going to be a frost the next morning, the cover freezes up and then you can't really pull it off. it doesn't freeze to the car as i said earlier, btu thats the best example i can give you. hte cover just freezes up and almost has to be ripped off (or atleast mine did), and i didn't quite understand why. you could try it... they do keep your car clean.

however, there is something else i discovered to do a great job of keeping that ride clean. The California Car duster, look for it at wal mart or target or something. it's almost as good as giving your car a bath providing its jsut got a lot of dust and loose drit on it (like the water spots from a rain), it'll clean it all right off.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:05 PM

you could always get a large shed from a hardware store and put a small heater in it . as for car covers youll never enjoy it. you will have to hang it up to dry every day, clean it every so often, and if you get anything on your car like a leaf or small twig it will scratch your car up real nice.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:56 PM

Ive been interested in these for a while. I live in Fla, so I was looking for one that could handle heavy hurricane rain. You can spend as much as you want on these things. Some are way nicer than any clothes I own.

Im going with http://www.autoanything.com/car-cove...0A2496861.aspx

Old 10-17-2008, 07:36 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i used a car cover for about a year, but it got about 3 bit tears in it over time. i don't think it ever actually scratched my car. just make sure you use a plastic hooked bunjee cord to hold it down or they will fly right off. you'll also need to clip something ot the front for a bunjee cord as they come off at the front alot, but thats no biggee. yes, they are a b*tch to wash becasue they won't fit in a washing mashine.