Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Best tire shine??

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 07:03 PM

One thing I don't see explained here is that you have to start with a clean tire before putting on any product. If you run your fingertip on the tire you'll get road grime in it and it won't be easy to remove from your nail. You have to get this off first.
What I've been doing for about 7 years now is using a regular tire brush from wal-mart with the hard bristles in the middle and soft in the outside and using regular dish soap on the tires. Put some on the tires and the brush and clean the tire hard. Wash it off and the tire will be oily free. I've never had any problems with using dish soap on tires and anything I use last about a week. Before this the shine lasted for about a couple of days if that.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:41 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Good point on cleaning them.. I just assumed everyone understood that LOL.

But I DO NOT Recommend dish soap for any parts of the car especially tires and trim. It will dry them out and could cause the tire to split more easily or rot. It can actually fade your tires much faster as well as trim. If you have ever watched any of my videos on detailing I point out often on not using dish soap.

I use this to scrub tires. Mothers Contoured Tire Brush mimics the shape of your car's tires to clean the rubber effectively. Use Mothers Tire & Rubber Cleaner with the. Do not use this on the face of the wheel, it can scratch. Use a boars hair brush for that.

If you want to strip wax, Thoroughly clean you paint, strip wax off wheel, or completely clean down a tire(i.e. this thread) Use this Product... Chemical Guys Citrus Wash and Gloss Car Wash Shampoo is a gentle-cleansing liquid gel car wash Car Wash Shampoo.If you dont want to strip wax either use very little of this or dont use this product. But its good to clean tires.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I clean my tires with a basic cheap tire and wheel cleaner and a tire scrub brush. I use black magic tire wet gel. Last year I didn't think it was that great but now I think it's works pretty good after 3 days of rain my tires are still fairly glossy.

Old 04-27-2011, 08:13 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2010

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS
I use Meguiars High Gloss Hot Shine Tire Gel and it doesn't fling off and I use it on my Silver car.
I use that ^^^ it's awesome!

Old 04-27-2011, 02:14 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Ive tried alot of products but so far i like the meguiars gel

Old 04-27-2011, 09:26 PM

Hot shine gel for me, wet look and stays on

Old 04-28-2011, 12:42 AM

Hey guys, just putting in my two cents here, I used to own my own detail business and the best thing i ever used was the Hot Shine Gel. As stated before, if you put it on and then do the inside of the car, it gives ample time to avoid slinging it off on your ride.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:21 AM

I like Black Magic and Arm and Hammer. put a good layer on and get the whole tire always lasted for me.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:41 PM

Have you tried going to a detail shop to see if you could purchase some? best to talk to the detailer themselves.. if you take a bottle they might put some in for you..Im a detailer ( at a dodge dealership), usually if people take the time to get that far into the cleaning of the vehicle and they have a bottle i will GIVE them some of the product, if you have a spray bottle full it should last awhile

Old 04-30-2011, 02:24 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I went down and bought some Meguars Essence I think it was called gel. I like it.

Quick Reply: Best tire shine??