Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Best tire shine??

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2011
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Best tire shine??

What does everyone use to get the ultimate tire shine that lasts. I hate it when the next day or even a couple hours later they are dulling. I think I have Meguars but not really happy with that either. I know we have some detailers here. Maybe something I can order from you or somewhere. I use to use Son of a Gun but hard to find it now. I would put several wet coats and not wipe it off, it would last a while.
Thanks

Old 04-25-2011, 05:30 PM

I like Black Magic Titanium, use it on the '65 and the Monte!! Have both the gel and spray on tire wet series, use the gel on the Impala, little more expensive....

Mike

Old 04-25-2011, 05:43 PM

i have not used any for a while because i didnt have anything i wanted to show off until now but i will be going back to the product i used to use which was Ardex Dress-Able

Old 04-25-2011, 06:51 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I use hte spray bottles, and the brand doesn't seem to matter. The gels are the ones I don't like... tey seem to throw crap all over the side of your car. I use the black magic though.... in a spray bottle, never tried the aerosol can.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cowboy6622
I use hte spray bottles, and the brand doesn't seem to matter. The gels are the ones I don't like... tey seem to throw crap all over the side of your car. I use the black magic though.... in a spray bottle, never tried the aerosol can.
Not the Eagle One gel, i no that one.

Eagle One tire shine gel works good and it dosnt sling.

If you can try and get some professional tire shine, thats what i have and it lasts the longest.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:32 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

I Use a combination of 2 products(kinda)... I first apply a good even coat over the tire with Meguiars Gold Class Endurance. After applied to all tires wipe down the tires with a Microfiber towel, this will remove excess and then your dressing wont sling everywhere. This will allow for more of a matt finnish. If you want a higher gloss application than I apply an even coat of Meguiars Hot Shine to all tires. Let it sit for 10 min and wipe the tires like before. Wait 30 min before driving.

Endurance(they may have changed the formula since the stuff I have IDK.. its a different bottle Meguiars Gold Class Endurance High Gloss Tire Gel is a high gloss version of Meguiars Endurance Tire Protectant Gel.
Hot Shine Meguiars High Gloss Hot Shine Tire Gel

Use these applicators(it will suck up product first(thats good) after that it will lay a great even coat)Cobra Flex Foam Tire Dressing Applicators 3 Pack

You can also you these, These are absolutely fantastic as well..They are both really the same product.
Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel http://www.autogeek.net/piblontigel.html
Wolfgang Black Diamond Tire Gel http://www.autogeek.net/wg4700.html

Last edited by jaws2008; 04-25-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2011
Monte Of The Month -- July 2014
RED DEVIL
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i havent found anything off store shelves that work really good...i have a supplier come to my shop and brings me his own stuff that works great

Old 04-25-2011, 07:33 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I use Meguiars High Gloss Hot Shine Tire Gel and it doesn't fling off and I use it on my Silver car.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:37 PM

GOT SPL

Gel wont sling if used properly. Waiting is one of the most important things. People like to apply and drive, DONT DO THAT lol. You need to wait a minimum of 30 minutes before driving, Like my post above I recommend wiping of excess product and than wait 30 more min before driving.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:39 PM

GOT SPL

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx
i havent found anything off store shelves that work really good...i have a supplier come to my shop and brings me his own stuff that works great
With my methods of the Meguiars Products I listed above I have it last over 1 month.

If you have tires in storage(say a set of summer tires that you store in winter), apply tire dressing to them, It help drastically.

Quick Reply: Best tire shine??