Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Alloy Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Default Alloy Wheels

How is the best way to take care of my Incubus Alloy Wheels ??

Old 03-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Default RE: Alloy Wheels

[align=center]Hi Charley,[/align][align=center]How do I take care of, or clean my Wheels ?[/align][align=center]Answer: With Tender Lov'in Care. LOL[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]To me it's best to keep a good coat of wax on your[/align][align=center]Rim's, and clean `off all brake dust.[/align][align=center]There's a couple of links below that has some good infor,[/align][align=center]and I'm sure our member's will post what they do.[/align][align=center]Good Luck, Charley[/align][align=center][:-]
Normal brake usage causes flakes of metal, Kevlar or other monofilament carbon fibers to collect around the brake components and an automobile's wheels. When this dust meets with moisture, it can cause long-term damage to your car. Therefore, it's important to clean brake dust periodically.
[:-]
Things You’ll Need: [/align][*][align=center]Cotton or microfiber rag [/align][*][align=center]Cleaning product not containing bleach [/align][*][align=center]Nylon brush [/align][*][align=center]Hose [/align][*][align=center][:-]
Step 1:
Select a cleaning chemical to clean away brake dust. While there are any number of chemicals that are safe to use, consider buying one of the specialty products designed for use on brake dust. You can find these products at an automotive repair shop.
Step 2:
Spray a modest amount of the cleaning chemical into a rag. Use a clean cotton or microfiber fabric. Not all fabrics are ideal for cleaning brake dust.
Step 3:
Scrub the inside of each tire and wheel. Take your time and pay attention to any places where you may notice deposits of collected brake dust.
Step 4:
Spray cleaning fluid directly onto the exterior walls of your tires. Use a nylon brush to remove any remaining brake dust. Refrain from using a metal brush on your delicate rubber tires.
Step 5:
Rinse your tires and wheels clean by using water and a hose. Make sure to spray water along the underside of your wheels to remove all traces of brake dust.
[:-]a uk link, has pic's
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...es_wheels.html
[:-]Has How 2 vid's
http://www.meguiars.com/howtocenter/

Peace/Out/`Space
[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 03-03-2008, 05:54 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: Alloy Wheels

First things first, if your wheels are just bare polished aluminum, get them clear coated ASAP. If they are already clear coated or painted, then keep them clean and keep a good coat of wax on them. Wax them every time you wash your car. Also when washing them, be sure to get all the brake dust off or it will eat into the finish and leave brown marks.