Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

Ambient Temperature Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010 | 10:14 AM
|
Default Ambient Temperature Sensor

Hello:

My first post---hope you can help.

I have a 2003 Monte SS in great condition. I could care less about the outside temp---but--my wife loves the readout on the driver info center.

Well---about two months ago, the damn temp went haywire---it started out accurate and then was all over the place. I wasn't even concerned but my wife drove me crazy about its inaccuracy--she loves the damn thing!

I did some research in this forum and on other repair forums and it was suggested to replace the ambient temp sensor if cleaning it did not work (which it did not). It was a cheap repair---a $12 part and about an hour to figure out how to do it. I got it replaced but the problem still persists.

Is there anything else I can check that will not cost $1000? I will not take it in for repair--but I would like to keep my wife happy.

Any suggestions on what else it might be or if maybe I installed it wrong---it looked like a no brainer.

thx for any help and peace

PS:

Here is a pic of the part I replaced----hope I got the right part and didn't screw something else up---like the A/C!!

http://www.bestvalueautoparts.com/it...DUCTS&weight=5