Off Topic A place to kick back and discuss non-Monte Carlo related subjects. Just about anything goes.

GM Dealer beats on a new Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:03 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default GM Dealer beats on a new Camaro

Cliffs: Takes Camaro in for clunk noise, technicians beat the **** out of the car for 20 minutes while being recorded, farts in seat, melts clutch, then talks to other people within the service department about how to charge the customer for a new clutch, then make a warranty claim two days later to cover the flywheel so the technician gets paid twice for the job.

Thread/video:
Camaro]Camaro ABUSED by dealer - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com ABUSED by dealer - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Facebook page with funny comments:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Best-...740127?fref=ts

Last edited by ChibiBlackSheep; 10-08-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:12 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Removed the service director portion, not really appropriate for here

Read about this, it's quite a disgusting way of treating a person's car

Old 10-08-2012, 12:35 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member

Wow. Just wow.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:13 PM

mannn id be so p*ssed!! hopefully the owner of the camaro takes them to court.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:26 PM

After working at dealers for years I'm not surprised. I hate to take my car anywhere out of my sight to be serviced.

I have seen bent axle housings on test drives, racing, people wiping off oil filters instead of changing them, broken bolts left in....I could go on.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:12 PM

I hope some heads will roll for this. "Josh" and the other idiot need to be fired, fined and banned from working in the automotive industry if justice is to be served. I hope the owner makes an example out of that dealership.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:30 PM

Thats just terrible! If that were my car I'd freak!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

As posted by the car's owner on Camaro5.com...
I placed a voice recorder in the door pocket bc this had happened to me once before at Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet on Lauren's Rd in Greenville, SC. Do NOT trust them.
2010 Camaro door panel

I'm not saying the recording is fake. And I certainly ain't gonna take the dealership's side on this. But I have a few things that bother me about this.

As quoted above, from the original thread on Camaro5.com, the recorder is sitting in the pocket in the door panel inside the car. The picture above is not of the actual car in question. I posted the pic to illustrate where the pocket is.

With the abusive driving that the mechanics did to that car, seems to me the mechanic would be able to see or hear the recorder bouncing around.

And I find it interesting that the mechanics just happen to have their incriminating conversation standing next to the recorder. How fortunate they didn't have this conversation about 6 feet further away.

If this happened just the way the guy says it did, I support him 100% If I found out someone beat on my car like that, I'd be pi$$ed off too.

Maybe it's just me being overly skeptical. But we all know of people who have made up stories on the internet just for attention. For one reason or another.

And the forum staff on that site closed the threads discussing it. Stating...

"There is probably a ton of legalities involved. That thread is definitely a nightmare for any involved. IMO, from what I've seen, I sure hope that guy gets what's coming to him.

Till we find out more information, I better close this one to."<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Interesting!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:49 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

MAN! THat video is now marked PRIVATE and I can't play it

But I'm reading the message thread and just OMG! Unbelievable. That would have my temper flared up.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:55 PM
Taz

15 Year Member

There was no actual video. Just audio from the guy's recorder with a series of photo gallery still shot pics of his car. You don't actually see any of the damage.

Quick Reply: GM Dealer beats on a new Camaro