Monte Carlo Repair Help Have a Monte problem and need help? Good at troubleshooting? Discuss it here!

brake light/abs light/low brake fluid light

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 02:49 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default brake light/abs light/low brake fluid light

let my front brakes get down to far before replacing;;had to replace pads and rotors on frt[04 monte ss]after doing this all was good for about a week and all sudden my low brake fluid /brake/abs and trac off lights came on and stays on..brack fluid is full;;the abs light went off few days later and it hasn't been back on...been this way now for at least a month and maybe 2;;would love to get them off;;really bugsa me seeing all these lights on all time;;what would cause this and how do i fix and get lights off??one more issue is i can push button on consol as many times as i want and doesn't have any change to trac off light;;

Old 11-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2014
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by hotrodharley
let my front brakes get down to far before replacing;;had to replace pads and rotors on frt[04 monte ss]after doing this all was good for about a week and all sudden my low brake fluid /brake/abs and trac off lights came on and stays on..brack fluid is full;;the abs light went off few days later and it hasn't been back on...been this way now for at least a month and maybe 2;;would love to get them off;;really bugsa me seeing all these lights on all time;;what would cause this and how do i fix and get lights off??one more issue is i can push button on consol as many times as i want and doesn't have any change to trac off light;;
You have to run your codes. My guess Is you have a bad wheel speed sensor or a bad harness. All thes lights indidicate an open on the abs circuit but if its intermitent its probably the harness.

Old 11-15-2013, 11:37 AM

Sounds like its the ground wire located under the airbox, bolted to the frame rail. I remember installing an aftermarket air box on my car years ago and that ground wire beside the PCM had to be bolted under the heatshielding for the filter. It wasnt bolted down tightly and hence the trac light came on, abs light, service traction, emergency brake. I would check to make sure that wire is not corroded and is secure to the frame. It would help to get it scanned also, as stated above just to diagnose it better, it could also be a bad ABS module. Good luck.