MCF Website Problems & Issues This area is for problems or suggestions relating specifically to the MCF site, not the car.

How to delete Post(s)

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 12:20 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default How to delete Post(s)

thought i'd do a wright up on how to delete a unwanted post

after those steps your post will be deleted just remember once you delete you can't bring it back

I also want to add that you CAN NOT delete a thread you will have to contact The Admin, or one of the Mods to do that

Last edited by Budsjlm; 06-02-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Thanks for the write up Justin.

If anyone still has trouble deleting a post, contact any one of the staff and we'll be happy to delete it for you.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:47 AM

...Hi `Justin, great write `up thread 4-Sure Thank You!
===================================

How to ~>Delete your `Space - MSN.com

<CITE>help.msn.com/.../Help.aspx?...spaces101...SPACES...DeleteYourSpace...</CITE> - Similar
Delete your MCF space

1. Click the Settings tab. (If you don't see the Settings tab in the upper-right corner of your space, see Can't access or edit your space.
  2. Click Space Settings.
  3. Scroll down to the Delete your space section, and then click Delete my space .
  4. Click OK.
Notes
  • After you delete your space, you cannot retrieve it; nor can you retrieve any of the content, including photos, that you had on your space.
  • If you delete your space, you cannot create a new space*(Once you delete `Space, you can never get your `space back: )
  • using the same URL for 60 days. If you want to keep your URL, edit your existing space rather than creating a new one.
  • No More `Space
  • Goodbye ~>`Space
Related topic

About spaces

Last edited by Space; 06-03-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:25 AM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

<LI itxtNodeId="712" itxtHarvested="0">
<LI itxtNodeId="712" itxtHarvested="0">No More `Space <LI itxtNodeId="711" itxtHarvested="0">Goodbye ~>`Space
Uh, Space...

Are you trying to tell us something?

Old 06-03-2011, 10:30 AM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Taz
<LI itxtNodeId="712" itxtHarvested="0">

Uh, Space...

Are you trying to tell us something?
i tried it and it didn't work good thing we don't want space going anywhere you keep us on our toes!

Old 07-28-2011, 11:40 AM

ok, even w/ step by step directions, i couldnt figure it out. haha, after i click edit, there is no delet button to click... just the other 3. save/advanced/and whatever the other was...

Old 07-28-2011, 02:53 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by ains3614
ok, even w/ step by step directions, i couldnt figure it out. haha, after i click edit, there is no delet button to click... just the other 3. save/advanced/and whatever the other was...

Was it the First post in a Thread that you created?

If so you can not delete it, becuase then you would be deleting the thread and the only one's that can delete threads are the mods and the admins, contact one of them if you continue to have issues

Old 07-28-2011, 03:58 PM

ah ha, ok makes sense.

Old 10-06-2023, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by Budsjlm
Was it the First post in a Thread that you created?

If so you can not delete it, becuase then you would be deleting the thread and the only one's that can delete threads are the mods and the admins, contact one of them if you continue to have issues
Thank you so much for this thread as well as this question within it. I hadn't had the sense to come over to problems/issues with the website. At first I had just treid to edit the body as I was trying to solve the problem, but the title was still there and it even said that it was a pretty long read, so changing the body hadn't done me any good. I made a new post with a new title. Then i learned the answers to some of my questions. I still have one, actually it's gone back to two, but that's beside the point. What matters is that I've learned any new post that isn't within a thread still starts a thread, whether there is a reply or not. I replied, went over and hit "contact us" asked for those posts to be deleted (and apologized profusely) then I came back here and tried it on for size....meaning I tried to delete my reply, and I was successful. I'm making a new one to say thank you both for the thread, the question, and the answer to the question. I really am VERY grateful (as well as VERY sorry!)...and embarrassed, too.