Welcome to the Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above.
You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Mine is a 2002 SS with the dual temp control, not use what other years this may cover. You might want to first go to Radio Shack and get 12v bulbs, only $1.69 each. Otherwise you will be driving with your dash all apart. These are servicable if you are handy with a soldering iron.
1. Remove the dash. (You can use the DIY for radio installing).
2. Remove the temp control unit. (Only two screws, and uplug connections from back and take to a table).
3. Remove the three screws holding the black back, now pull apart.(Be carefull not to lose the three little springs).
4. Remove one screw holding the board to the control face.(Pull apart with the face of unit facing down, so you dont lose the buttons everwhere).
5. Now with the board in hand, locate brunt bulbs.
6. With iron desolder the bad bulb(s). (It is very helpfull if you have a solder sucker to remove the old solder).
7. Notice where the bulbs come through the back side of board, and use a knive and scrap alittle of the green coating around where the solder touches the board . This will expose alittle of the brass so the solder can ahear to the bulb lead and the brass lead on the board.
8. Not a very hard project at all. Just need to be handy with a soldering iron, and have a beer.
9. When done soldering, put everything back together.
10. Now you have just fixed you lights in your temp control for only $1.69 a bulb.
11. You can also order them online. Radio Shack PN: 272-1154
Last edited by The_Maniac; 11-01-2014 at 07:33 AM.
Reason: New price and part number
I kept the factory colors, only because I wasnt sure if the bulbs were going to work. I may change the colors, and if I do I will photo the board. I thought of taking photos after I was installing the dash. It was getting late and I wanted it all together for the morning. Sorry about that. Next time I will take photos. But it really isn't that hard. Easy fix.
I hate to bump a 4 year old thread, but I'm having some problems. I got all the way down to the climate control buttons/sliders and couldn't get the damn things off. I needed to get these off to get the bulbs switched out. So how do these come out???
Do not eat 1 a heavy meal fore several hours before your class. yoga is best practiced on an empty stomach. Do new york escorts drink water, both before and after your practice in order to keep your new york asian escort body well hydrated.yoga for a beginner is the first step on a journey of ever new york asian escorts increasing self-awareness, a greater level of strength, endurance, and flexibility, and a nyc asian escorts deeper sense of peace. Have fun and enjoy everything along the way!Della Menechella is a yoga and fitness enthusiast who has been involved in fitness for over thirty years.tel : 212-655-5444
spammer, eat a heavy meal go outside my door so I can run your azz over, see ya, thanks for your garbage..
put the hammer down on this a-hole, please
Chris #3 FOREVER
2006 3.9 LT3, CAI, dual Magnaflow mufflers and 4' tips.....
& a 1999 Z34 added to the family 8-19-11....
and sold on 12-15-14.......
Thanks for posting this, a great help. I just replaced the bulbs in mine and all went according to plan, the hardest part was figuring out where the springs went. There are 3 cups in the black plastic base, the two short ones go in the piece with 3 molded cups - use the two with the copper contacts, not the one with black plastic bottom. The longer spring goes in the other plastic cup with copper base above the control **** shaft. My local Radio Shack did not stock the bulbs listed but I found some on Ebay that are a little larger than stock but work well. 10x 4 7mm 12V 14V GM Chevy Gauge Cluster Speedometer Climate Control Lamps Bulbs | eBay