Engine/Transmission/Performance Adders Chat about your engine, transmission, nitrous, superchargers, turbos, and tuning.

Info: Where to buy a used L67?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 10:52 PM
Default Where to buy a used L67?

hey guys im looking to buy a used l67 and hd tranny,i seen milzy has both but they want $1300 for a 60-80k mile engine and $1200 for a used hd tranny,does anyone know of a place that sells decent used engines and transmissions for a good price? or would I be better off waiting for a donor car,where im from theres maybe a handful of supercharged montes and milzy also has an axle to make the swap easier instead of building my own for about $250 is that a good price or should I save my money and take a chance making my own?

Old 04-22-2015, 10:57 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2015
3 Year Member
1 Year Member

You can also look for a used motor from a grand prix, they are basically the same, I think the 04 may be different, but up until then they are the same motor's, same with buick regals. Keep in mind you will still probably need a pcm from a monte, but you can usually find one on ebay

Old 04-23-2015, 05:45 AM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I would consider a good/used L67 and trans from a junk yard or donor car. It will cost you less and before putting the engine in, clean it up and put new gaskets all over it (you will still be money ahead).

As for the PCM, it does not have to be a Monte PCM. Heck, if you wanted a stock tune, I offer a PCM service and I probably have a Grand Prix L67 stock tune I could load on your existing PCM (but if you have the donor car, just pull the PCM from it).

It really comes down to how much you want to spend and how much work you want to make it all happen.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:11 AM

I figured up about what I could gather up from the bank and working and I would think $3000 would be a good goal for a motor,tranny,axle,and pcm and still have some left over for anything extra,like gaskets and maybe some rocker arms and pushrods,do yall think 3k is a good budget for this? I asked a shopped about it one time and they said id need $6000+ i just told them that they are crazy

Old 04-23-2015, 11:15 AM

Maniac I don't know much about these pcm's or tunes,im use to older model engines just straight motor and trans (no wires or computers) if i put an l67 in there and grab the pcm from the same car are there any tunes that will help as far as performance and running better? i don't want to drop tons of money into it but id like to make it last,ive been trying to find performance cooling parts like a radiator and things like that

Old 04-23-2015, 11:16 AM

has anybody ever heard of those turbonators? they plug into your intake piping and draw more air,it just has a little propeller on it that spins theyre $20 on ebay but i heard they was junk

Old 04-23-2015, 11:20 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KingWord
has anybody ever heard of those turbonators? they plug into your intake piping and draw more air,it just has a little propeller on it that spins theyre $20 on ebay but i heard they was junk
They actually restrict more air-flow than they create. Complete waste of money.

Old 04-23-2015, 11:23 AM

yea i kinda figured,im looking for a good intake for the l67 but i heard the stock one was about as good as it gets but i just don't see it,the way mine is set up is it draws air right behind the driver headlight and i don't see how its getting that much air,i want to get some tubing and make my ow and run it closer to the ground to pick up more air and possibly colder,does anyone have any good suggestions on a good cai that actually makes a difference?

Old 04-23-2015, 11:42 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ColdAirInductions.com sells a good kit.

Gotta be careful of the low ones and water ingestion

Old 04-23-2015, 08:06 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2011
Monte Of The Month -- September 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by KingWord
Here's probably everything you need to know about those from the guys in Australia running a YouTube show "Mighty Car Mods" (neat show by the way):

As for the PCM question, I got your PM. Let me know if that answered your questions.

Quick Reply: Info: Where to buy a used L67?