Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

Removal of Chevy Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Removal of Chevy Emblem

Hi I have been wondering how I could possibly remove the chevy emblem from the front of my 96 Monte CarloZ34. I have an idea for something I want in its place but I cant do it until the emblem is gone. Any help is greatly apreciated!

Old 11-29-2007, 08:45 PM
Default RE: Removal of Chevy Emblem

If it's stuck on there with adhesive go grab your tackle box and get some 25# nylon fishing line. Then get two wooden pencils, tie the fishing line to each pencil (make sure they are tight) leaving about 10" inbetween. Now what you did was just made a saw. Take the saw and work it back and forth behind the emblem always applying pressure to the back side (pulling forward) of the emblem and not the car.

If it is cold outside go inside and get the wife's hair dryer and heat it up before you start.

Good Luck!

Old 11-30-2007, 08:10 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Awesome Thanks a Bunch!

Old 11-30-2007, 11:22 AM

Member `odessadude,
That was a great write `up. I've read a lot of different
method's, but yours was simple and effective.
I hope that you share more of your auto/knowledge
with the forum : )
Look forward to reading your future posts.
Thanks for being a contributing member to the `Forum
Peace/Out/Space

Old 11-30-2007, 11:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: odessadude

If it's stuck on there with adhesive go grab your tackle box and get some 25# nylon fishing line. Then get two wooden pencils, tie the fishing line to each pencil (make sure they are tight) leaving about 10" inbetween. Now what you did was just made a saw. Take the saw and work it back and forth behind the emblem always applying pressure to the back side (pulling forward) of the emblem and not the car.

If it is cold outside go inside and get the wife's hair dryer and heat it up before you start.

Good Luck!
We have a great DIY section where you put in your methodologies and people aren't supposed to respond so that the posts are easy to access.

Can MODS transfer a single post to the DIY section like the one above?

Old 11-30-2007, 05:27 PM

Glad to be here and to be able to contribute. Sometimes I look at some of the questions and answers and wonder if this forum is about who can post the nicest / biggest looking pictures of their car. Some of the answers are so short I wonder if it is a race to see who can get to 100K posts first.

Once I figure the picture thing out I will gallery for others to look at. I feel the picture thing should be for educational purposes, so we can share info etc. (Old School Kind of a Guy)

My total goal is to get the car to 11.50 in the quarter and smoke as many Mustangs as I can, so I will be around for a while! I have looked at some other sites and this one seems to be pretty good for all around MC stuff. The 3800 site looks pretty good to, but I have not joined yet.

Anyway I got a cold beer to drink and a dart game to attend so until next time

Happy Motoring!

Old 12-10-2007, 01:04 PM

A little WD-40 goes a long way too to help loosen adhesive and remove it.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- December 2007

I debadge my Monte with a plastic putty (bondo) knife. Emblem is only held on with two-side tape, so slide the plastic blade under and continue to apply pressure and it will pop. You can get a bondo putty knife for $0.99 at auto parts store.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:25 AM

Why do people debadge their cars? I want people to know I drive a Chevy it's like saying Screw Imports.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:49 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I think our last generation Montes have the minimal of badges.

We are just fine.

Many in the ricer crowd do now want others to know that they do or don't have an "R" type or "S" type or anything that says their car does or doesn't have the horses to run.

Kinda weird or childish to me. You have what you have and that's it. To do it for your own pleasure is kewl. To do it to keep others in mystery is pretty stuck up to me.

Who cares what other people think of your car?

Quick Reply: Removal of Chevy Emblem