Detailing Discuss detailing your Monte Carlo inside and out here.

How to make your car shine like a show car

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Talking LoL `George

Originally Posted by owens91
But what about that engine bay?????? Lol

Hi George, very good question & it should have been contained in this thread, but we were waiting for you to post if

* I use the last link below...
How to Clean Your Car's Engine | Meineke

www.meineke.com/blog/how-to-clean-car-engine/

Meineke Car Care Center

Sep 15, 2015 - Other areas that need hosing off include the hood and grille. If your car engine is clean, let the degreaser soak in for about three minutes. Very dirty engines need five minutes for the degreaser to loosen everything. For moderate to light buildup, there is no need to use a hand brush.

How to Clean a Car Engine: 12 Steps (with Pictures)

www.wikihow.com › ... › Cars › Car Maintenance and Repair › Engine Parts

wikiHow

But cleaning an engine is not the same as cleaning the rest of your car. With the right procedure, youcan keep your engine in tip-top shape. No need to...

Engine Cleaning DIY Tips – How to Clean an Engine Pictures

www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a6008/how-to-clean-an-engine/

Aug 6, 2010 - Whether you are looking to prep your car for sale, get it clean prior to ... Be sure to clean your engine somewhere you can collect the ...

Here's How To Clean Your Dirty-*** Engine Bay Without Screwing It Up

thegarage.jalopnik.com/heres-how-to-clean-your-dirty-***-engine-bay-without-sc-17...

Sep 15, 2015 - In fact, when an engine is clean aesthetically, it can cool more ... because water conducts electricity, and I assume you'd like your car to actually ...

How to Clean an Engine | The Family Handyman

www.familyhandyman.com › Skills › Automotive

... to Clean an Engine. Add resale value to your car by keeping your engine clean. ... But you can't just spray it with degreaser and hose it down. We'll show you ...

Engine Detailing, car engine cleaning, engine cleaner, engine ...

www.autogeek.net › Car Care Products › Auto Detailing Facts, Tips & Tricks

The truth is that your engine is a lot more resilient than you give it credit for. You can wash and detailyour engine without much fear of ruining anything. You just ...

Should I clean my car's engine? - The Globe and Mail

www.theglobeandmail.com › Globe Drive › Culture › Commuting

The Globe and Mail

Oct 9, 2012 - If your engine came with a wash label, like a wool sweater, it would probably say “handwash with care – but only if you know what you're doing ...

How to Clean a Vehicle's Engine - For Dummies

www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-clean-a-vehicles-engine.html

Never use a hose to wash under the hood — the water can ruin the electronics. Have your engine cleaned professionally if it's too dirty to wipe clean yourself.

Old 05-19-2016, 08:27 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

i get nervous with the idea of spraying down the engine, if anyone in the forum has done this i would feel alot better

Old 05-19-2016, 11:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2016
10 Year Member

I'm a bit of megs *****,
Put close to 20 hrs into her when I did my paint correction
Name:  IMAG0457_zps3c5461ca.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  73.8 KB
, can't wait to buy a house so I can start doing this again, man did she shine, still not bad but not to this standard
Name:  20150914_144754_zpstklcrsxq.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  242.9 KB

Old 05-21-2016, 06:38 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

i get nervous with the idea of spraying down the engine, if anyone in the forum has done this i would feel alot better
I have sprayed down the engine, trying to go lightly near any electrical components. I am not sure if this is the best method but when I do I let the engine completely cool, then crank it just before I hose it. That way things dry quickly. My thinking is if i did get too much overspray in the ignition components I will hear the engine skipping or stalling. I have never had that problem though. Honestly I have only done it a few times, mainly after winter since my monte is a daily driver.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:36 AM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member

I use a sealant that's better than any wax. It shines better at last at least 6 months. It's called rejex. That's what I used on my friends car

Old 05-21-2016, 11:00 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by GTHSS
I have sprayed down the engine, trying to go lightly near any electrical components. I am not sure if this is the best method but when I do I let the engine completely cool, then crank it just before I hose it. That way things dry quickly. My thinking is if i did get too much overspray in the ignition components I will hear the engine skipping or stalling. I have never had that problem though. Honestly I have only done it a few times, mainly after winter since my monte is a daily driver.

Mines is a daily too, what all did you cover? And did you warm the car up then spray/scrub then let it cool?

Old 05-22-2016, 06:17 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2016
5 Year Member

Mines is a daily too, what all did you cover? And did you warm the car up then spray/scrub then let it cool?
I didn't cover anything though it is probably a good idea to cover some electrical. I didn't have any real greasy grime to clean luckily, so no scrubbing and I did it cold. I was mainly spraying off sand and dust from everything. VA uses a salt/sand mixture on the winter roads. Nasty stuff. It gets everywhere.

Old 05-22-2016, 12:48 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by GTHSS
I didn't cover anything though it is probably a good idea to cover some electrical. I didn't have any real greasy grime to clean luckily, so no scrubbing and I did it cold. I was mainly spraying off sand and dust from everything. VA uses a salt/sand mixture on the winter roads. Nasty stuff. It gets everywhere.
yea in pa i know we use just rock salt, i know i wanna get all of the leaves and whatnot in the tight spaces, ill use the simple green and a tooth brush first.make sure i cover the altenator and the coil packs just to be safe

Old 05-23-2016, 07:59 AM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Used Mequiars on the Deuce and now using it on Wild Thing. Used to use Mother's was ok but not as good as Mequiars.

Thinking about Adam's but need to use up all my old stuff first

Old 05-23-2016, 10:31 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2016
10 Year Member

Been using Meguiars products for years and will continue, quik detailer works great after washes, also the quik wax. Protects your paint from the sun, and leaves a very good shine!