Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Yup Definately time for new tires.

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
Default Yup Definately time for new tires.

I just had my Goodyear TripleTreds put on and got a quick pic of one of the old tires.

Yeah not good, all tires were down to the legal limits at 65000 miles.

Old 02-29-2008, 02:43 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Yup Definately time for new tires.

nice drag radials

Old 02-29-2008, 03:31 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

I'm ready for a set too Dan.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:52 PM
5 Year Member

I like the TripleTreds I just got. I don't have alot of time on them, but even with the snow in my driveway it left a great tred pattern vs just picking up snow on my RSA's.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:30 PM

I have at least three here if you live close enough to come get them i will make you a hella deal on them.
they were the one on the stock wheel when i cracked the rims on two of them. one tire is perfectly fine no damage the other one is scalloped around the edges from me having to pull out of traffic on it.

but the ones on the other side are still brand new.
they are mounted on the stock wheels also. but i paid over 500.00 for them while we were in gErmany to have the car shipped i had to change the ones that were under it.
theses are the B.F. good rich traction T/A's i belive. but they have less then 10,000 miles on them

Old 03-02-2008, 11:55 AM
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: mickey

I have at least three here if you live close enough to come get them i will make you a hella deal on them.
they were the one on the stock wheel when i cracked the rims on two of them. one tire is perfectly fine no damage the other one is scalloped around the edges from me having to pull out of traffic on it.

but the ones on the other side are still brand new.
they are mounted on the stock wheels also. but i paid over 500.00 for them while we were in gErmany to have the car shipped i had to change the ones that were under it.
theses are the B.F. good rich traction T/A's i belive. but they have less then 10,000 miles on them
I've heard good things about BFG T/A's. Very good summer tire. Not good for me in Wisconsin, but they would be good for Dave in LA.

Old 03-02-2008, 04:02 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I'm TRYING to hold off another month to put my 18's on for Monte's at MIS on April 11th. My center tread bar has NO tread, but the wear is nice and even. I'm down to 28 psi because of high center wear issues.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:39 PM

I loved them even in GErmany with the snow. I was on the autobahn with them for about a week before it was shipped. they got me around great.

But this is also the third set i have owned fo them. I had them on the other monte also. and the other 78 i had.

they seem to be pretty good at keepign ya stuck in the right lane and on the ground in the rain etc..

Old 03-15-2008, 05:54 AM

Another GREAT tire is the Yokohama Avid TRZ. Check 'em out on tirerack.com

Old 03-15-2008, 11:03 AM

I have the Avid TRZs on my 02 LS and they are GREAT! They stick to the pavement like glue even in wet conditions. I was ona back road in TN in pouring down rain and forgot about a sharp 90 degree turn when I was doing 55 mph. I don't know if it was just the good Lord watching out for me or if the tires are that good but I didn't even slide a bit. Also, I have NEVER hydroplaned on those tires. I reccommend them 100%, they are also REALLY affordable.

Quick Reply: Yup Definately time for new tires.