Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Wheels and Tires on - Updated pictures on pg2

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Wheels and Tires on - Updated pictures on pg2

18" Zinik Z24's with the Machined/Black face with a set of 245-45 General Exclaim's. Put them on back on the 12th and today was the first time I got 'er washed and seen 'em on a clean car and I just can't express how excited they make me everytime I see 'em.

These are some pictures I took the other day, the car is filthy, parked in a gravel parking lot for 15 hours a day when I work and a light sprinkle makes a car look like poo. So these pictures aren't the greatest, I tried to hide the dust. I'll get some nicer pictures uploaded one of these days when I get it washed and it doesn't storm before I get the chance to take it out.

Old 06-19-2008, 06:09 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member
Default RE: Wheels and Tires on

The wheels look real good Garret. Good choice.

Old 06-20-2008, 05:35 PM

i relly like the rims... where did you get em. BTW I read somewhere you were looking for tails to put on your 04 monte. the only ones i have come accross at all for the monte are Made by IPCW heres a link http://www.inprocarwear.com/ (the sites in flash so i cant give you a direct link, but its under products>chevorlet>tail lamps)

Old 06-20-2008, 07:45 PM

Looks good Garrett! How do those tires ride and how do they displace water? I know you were looking at Goodyear TripleTreads, does this tire compare at all? I bet they were a whole lot cheaper though. lol. I really like those rims though.

Old 06-23-2008, 11:37 PM

Thanks guys. Yeah Deeksta, I was put I might be putting that one hold seems how I just ended up getting a Wii today...

Got the wheels and everything off of tirerack.com, arrived mounted and balanced so I just had to put them on. As for the ride quality, it's soo much better than what I had on, but then again those Blizzaks or whatever were about two inches shorter in the sidewall and it's been awhile since I drove on the stock tires. In my mind I'd say they ride quite a bit better than stock.

I was still going to get the TripleTreads, only a slight problem with that, they didn't have 'em in the size I needed They've displaced what water I've driven in so far just fine.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to take the car out and get it washed and get some new pictures taken this weekend.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:38 AM

Those are really nice

Old 06-25-2008, 08:36 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

gold and black go well together.... just imagine how nice they'd look if you had a good camera to take a picture fo them with

Old 06-29-2008, 04:07 AM

Oh I've got a nice enough camera, Panasonic DMC-LZ7. Those are just the raw images taken around sunset that have been shrunken down.

I'm hoping that tomorrow isn't too windy out and I'll take 'er out to get some nice shots and fix myself up a new sig.

I think the nicest thing is that I'm rolling on tires that are much much closer to the original diameter and they ride soo much better now.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:51 PM

I'm waiting for the new pictures. Lol.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009

I would paint the Brake Calipers Black to match the black in your rims, When you need new brakes later down the road get some slotted drilled performance breaks, I like the R1 Brakes on ebay, not a bad price for all four and pads for around $200.00

Quick Reply: Wheels and Tires on - Updated pictures on pg2