Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

What kinda tires do you use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default What kinda tires do you use?

So I do have a set of winter only tires on my car right now, and they worked quite well. Now I have to decide if I want to buy a set of dedicated summer tires for this summer or get some all seasons and just use them in the summer. I probably have another two winters atleast on these tires so whatever I buy it's unlikely that I'll use them all year around.

How about you? What sort of tires do you use?

Any recommendations?

Old 04-09-2008, 04:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008
Default RE: What kinda tires do you use?

Don't need winter tires because chains are legal here!

Old 04-09-2008, 06:16 PM

i think i slep threw the blizzards tha twe had here this year.
But i used to have th eall season B Fgood ritch TA. think they were the turring T/A's under mine and they worked great on everythign i put it in to.
I loved them but they dont hold protect the wheels on curbs real well at about 60MPH LOL

But now i have falkens under it for the 18" wheels that are under it now and they seem ok but i still am not real impreassed with them

Old 04-09-2008, 06:44 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey

i think i slep threw the blizzards tha twe had here this year.
But i used to have th eall season B Fgood ritch TA. think they were the turring T/A's under mine and they worked great on everythign i put it in to.
I loved them but they dont hold protect the wheels on curbs real well at about 60MPH LOL

But now i have falkens under it for the 18" wheels that are under it now and they seem ok but i still am not real impreassed with them
I used to own a 2001 Grand Am that had Falken tires on it. I did not like them at all. I felt like they didn't grip the road well enough, they looked pretty good but the performance was nothing special.

Currently I have all season tires on my Monte, however if I invest in new rims, I'd put summer tires on those and just swap back to the old wheels in the fall/winter. Cars were not made for New England winters.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:23 PM

I have TripleTreds on my Malibu (Actually, it's an '05 classic) and they STICK to the road no matter what. I have Kumho Solus KR21's and they did great in the snow and awesome in the rain. Both sets are 85,000 mi tires.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:09 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

I have National Ovations... they haven't done me wrong yet, but it's not a sports tire ya know...

They're good minivan tires.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:38 PM

Mine has some all seasons on it not terrible, but not real good for traction on dry road i can spin em goin like 15 if i floor it. I want somethin stickier since i dont drive it in the winter but the tires on it are brand spankin new and theres just all kinda problems with takin off new tires for almost no reason so i guess im livin with them for a while

Old 04-09-2008, 08:59 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I really like my goodyear TripleTreds

Old 04-10-2008, 04:14 PM

I store my Monte, so it doesn't see winter. My street tires are Michelin Pilot A/S Sport. They literally kick ***. Awesome grip in dry and wet, good tread life. This will be my 3rd summer on them, and I still have 7/32s tread depth.

Old 04-11-2008, 09:25 PM

all season tires. the cooper cs4 tires i have on are really good in the snow. We don't get big dumps of snow frequently in the winter, and if it's too ugly out i'll just stay in the house or take transit anyway.

Quick Reply: What kinda tires do you use?