Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

What do I need to do help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Just call me Dubs
Default What do I need to do help!!!!!!

Ok fella this is the deal I finally took my monte in to have it lifted for the 22's to a friend of mine that did my hydraulics on my caprice.He made brackets and welded them on my factory struts using the two existing holes from the factory strut and adding a third which would be come the new mounting point for my strut giving me 3.5 inches of lift and more than enough clearence for my 22's.Now this is where the problem comes in at because my car is lifted so high it hardly wants to move and when it is moving you here a clicking sound like it's the drive shaft or the axle.What we want to know is do we have to lengthen the drive shaft or do something to the axle to fix this problem.Any advice would help from the guys that are on stocks to the guys that are on 22's or bigger anything you can give to fix this problem would help cause I really don't feel like driving my caprice to work quite yet.

here's pics of the front and rear that my friend has sent me he's only done the passenger side so far.

[IMG]local://upfiles/3347/2A75346F0EB7453CBA419C648A6051EB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3347/834E26821F9C40CA90C0A72027B5FD46.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-16-2008, 01:17 PM
Default RE: What do I need to do help!!!!!!

[align=center]Hi Bryan,[/align][align=center]WoW, I don't know how many member's we have that[/align][align=center]have experience with the problems of putt'in 22's[/align][align=center]on their Monte Carlo's.[/align][align=center]I would suggest contacting a professional suspension/wheel[/align][align=center]shop that deals in `Dub's.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You could try to email sites like below, & ask them[/align][align=center]what problems you would encountered putting 22's on[/align][align=center]your Monte Carlo, and seeing what advise they will give you.[/align][align=center](Contact link below)[/align][align=center]Wish you good `luck.[/align][align=center]`Space
[/align][align=center][:-]
Welcome to Dubs.com[/align][align=center][/align][ul][align=center]Car Rims [/align][*][align=center]Discount Rims [/align][*][align=center]Suv Rims [/align][*][align=center]Spinners Rims [/align][*][align=center]Cheap Chrome Rims [/align][*][align=center]Wholesale Rims [/align][*][align=center]Rims For Sale [/align][*][align=center]Custom Rims [/align][*][align=center]Car Loans [/align][*][align=center]Truck Rims
The Dubs[/align][/ul][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][ul][align=center]Rim And Tire Package [/align][*][align=center]Automotive Rims [/align][*][align=center]Cheap Rims [/align][*][align=center]Dub Rims [/align][*][align=center]Insurance
[URL=http://dubs.com/get/dubs/chrome/wheels/credit_c

Old 03-16-2008, 02:28 PM

You more than likely lifted it beyond the geometry needed for the Universal Joint to rotate smoothly. This is a problem you need to address because it makes you vulnerable to dropping the drive shaft if the U-Joint hangs-up and snaps off.

I've seen a few drive shafts snap-off at the U-Joint not to chime-in with this caution for you.
You have to look at the U-Joint and see if its at a harsh angle. If it is you might need to alter the drive shaft angle to compensate for the increased distance you are asking that U-joint to perform at.

Off-road type vehicles get an intermediate shaft installed. Thats work! You need to find-out what your next move is before going much further into the project. There might be some drive shaft modifying needed to correct the angle for you.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:34 PM

thats odd.. I swear this morning I posted something to him. did a mod delete it or something?

Old 03-16-2008, 07:03 PM

i didnt delet anything.

but was goign to say the same thing as Rick did.

I put a 6" lift on my jeep when i had it and it did this to us also but thank god they make a kit for it. So it wa amatter of puttin in a locker front and rear and getting rid of the two peice shats. and also useing a spacer to help correct the angel of the drive shaft to the tranny and the rear end.

seems to me this is the same issue you have. you will need to figure out how to correct this angel so that you will beabel to get it as close to straight as ya can to relive the pressure on the axels and tranny

Old 03-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Just call me Dubs

thanks for the help my friend said that's what it seems to be.He's going to try and lower it a bit by compressing the spring to see if it will straighten it out

Old 03-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Just call me Dubs

I like the hight of the car as it is as you can see I have alot of clearence and it makes my 22's look like 20's lol.But what can I do to solve this problem without having to lower my car back down a bit

Old 03-16-2008, 07:59 PM

you might beabel to get away with spring compressors or even the lowerign springs they will give ya like a 1" drop i think it was.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Just call me Dubs

thanks we'll try that

Old 03-16-2008, 09:06 PM

If it works then i will take credit if not it was Vita's idea then LOL
Good luck

Quick Reply: What do I need to do help!!!!!!