Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

These are sexy!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 04:54 AM
Default These are sexy!

I want these rims in a bad way. If I got em, I'd have to powdercoat them white, leaving the polished lip. Check em out.

[IMG]local://upfiles/298/C80D602B52D8426F8D73547E5D1943DC.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-13-2005, 02:57 AM
Default RE: These are sexy!

ORIGINAL: 04MonteLS

I want these rims in a bad way. If I got em, I'd have to powdercoat them white, leaving the polished lip. Check em out.

Those are pretty hot. but since you have a lighter car, i would have to go with darker rims, like gunmetal or something, i think chrome looks great on darker cars, like mine, but when you get into like.. red, grey, white, all those lighter colors, i would have to go with darker rims

Old 06-13-2005, 03:05 AM

ORIGINAL: SoCalSS

Those are pretty hot. but since you have a lighter car, i would have to go with darker rims, like gunmetal or something, i think chrome looks great on darker cars, like mine, but when you get into like.. red, grey, white, all those lighter colors, i would have to go with darker rims
You are officially top 10!

I've already had that look, here's a pic of my old Accord

I want to do something different, I think powdercoating the center of those rims white, leaving a polished lip would look nice! What do you think?

Old 06-13-2005, 03:09 AM

I'm not going to lie to you, i do think it would look very nice, but again, i would prefer to see something like that on a darker car. i guess im into the whole contrast of colors thing. like your old accord for example, chrome or lighter rims would have looked great, where as the black or gun metal looks much better on lighter cars, like yours. I just think putting white powdercoated rims on a silver car would be too much light, so i would have to contrast it, but again.. it's your car, and i do think that would look pretty sick.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:19 AM

I'm not going to lie to you, i do think it would look very nice, but again, i would prefer to see something like that on a darker car. i guess im into the whole contrast of colors thing. like your old accord for example, chrome or lighter rims would have looked great, where as the black or gun metal looks much better on lighter cars, like yours. I just think putting white powdercoated rims on a silver car would be too much light, so i would have to contrast it, but again.. it's your car, and i do think that would look pretty sick.
Ah, I see. We just have two different tastes, it's all good! On this one, im going either chrome or white powdercoat w/polished lip. I guess it all depends on how much I can get the powdercoat for.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:24 AM

Ah, I see. We just have two different tastes, it's all good! On this one, im going either chrome or white powdercoat w/polished lip. I guess it all depends on how much I can get the powdercoat for.
I'm sorry, but i'm coming back with my taste again, but i think maybe a lighter grey or charcoal powdercoat would look totally sick. have you thought of doing any other colors beside white?

Old 06-13-2005, 03:33 AM

I'm sorry, but i'm coming back with my taste again, but i think maybe a lighter grey or charcoal powdercoat would look totally sick. have you thought of doing any other colors beside white?
Don't apologize. You like what you like, that's why you're you and I'm me. Because I've already had the dark rims look, it's not an option. I want something different. Something unique, I haven't seen a Monte w/white powdercoated rims yet[8D]

Old 06-13-2005, 03:36 AM

Don't apologize. You like what you like, that's why you're you and I'm me. Because I've already had the dark rims look, it's not an option. I want something different. Something unique, I haven't seen a Monte w/white powdercoated rims yet[8D]
True, i can't honestly say that i have seen one either, well whatever you decide to go with, make sure you post some pics.

Old 06-13-2005, 03:46 AM

True, i can't honestly say that i have seen one either, well whatever you decide to go with, make sure you post some pics.
No doubt. Just don't hold your breath, it's gonna be a minute.

Old 07-03-2005, 06:31 PM

i think the white powdercoat looks good. i have seen only one monte with that before and it sure looked sweet. my 98 monte is pitch black, so when i get some rims, i think i will get black ones with the polished lip.

Quick Reply: These are sexy!