Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Suspension

Hey guys, MonteLSV6 here and I'm wanting to upgrade my suspension to make it handle better in the turns so that its not leaning as much. I would like it to be more tighter (lol) when it turns and also not dip as much while turning and handle better overall. I forgot what there called. Please someone help me out here. Any suggestions about products would be great. Thanks guys and gals!

Old 07-11-2010, 12:38 PM

I belive GM make a handling kit specifically for our W bodies. And I think you might be thinking of the trailing arms?? Maybe Im thinking of somthing else, that tends to happen with me often LOL

Old 07-11-2010, 12:59 PM
STILL SLOW
Monte Of The Month -- May 2010
10 Year Member

Get some KYB agx struts and lowering springs. Then get sway bars and a rear strut tower brace. Im not sure if yours came with a front strut tower brace, if it didnt get one.

Old 07-11-2010, 01:04 PM

Yeah, the STB is a good idea. I decided to take mine off to take a drive and see what a difference it made yesterday. Let me tell you, I wasnt expecting that. It gives the car a whole different personality. It seems like it will make tighter corners if you turn the wheel more, but it also seems like its very unreliable turning like you could spin out very easy. Kinda like the car wanted to twist and one of the back wheels (the opposing wheel from the direction you're tuning) wanted to come off the ground. Makes me think it will prolong the life of the body and chassis also?

Old 07-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

Get the GMPP handling kit, comes with a STB, larger sway bars front and rear, and trailing arms. Huge difference. My car has little to no body roll. Of course my STB I got with the kit went to the rear struts since I already had a front STB stock.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:14 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010

I second what pacer said, I went with GMPP sways bars F+R, trailing arms, added a rear STB, new KYB struts with SSC lowering springs and new topplates, shorter dogbones and anti pogo washers....I know it sounds like a lot of work and money but damn, Im so glad and happy with the results I got compared to stock. I went from station wagon body roll to taking corners like a corvette!

Old 07-12-2010, 12:00 AM

I agree with all the above information but only have a couple of suggestions. Instead of getting the front GMPP sway bar, get the Dorman version since it is solid and the GMPP isnt. I would also order some poly front sway bar links.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by thumpingetocar06
I second what pacer said, I went with GMPP sways bars F+R, trailing arms, added a rear STB, new KYB struts with SSC lowering springs and new topplates, shorter dogbones and anti pogo washers....I know it sounds like a lot of work and money but damn, Im so glad and happy with the results I got compared to stock. I went from station wagon body roll to taking corners like a corvette!
**** son! Haha, i was thinking about this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

...idk if thatll be good or not..and where could i get these GMPP handling kits?...probably like 1-2k (knowing GM)

Old 07-14-2010, 08:21 PM

holy ****! $130?!?! Is this the right set?!

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...ber=pk12456148

Old 07-15-2010, 01:34 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2012

Yup that's it, told you it was cheap. Although I'm pretty sure it came with trailing arms. I dunno, maybe they removed them from the kit.

Quick Reply: Suspension