Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

STRUT BAR FOR 06-07

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 12:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2009
Default STRUT BAR FOR 06-07

Well I did a little searching, there is aStrut Bar made by acdelco for the newer monte carlo's its like $180 but definately a good upgrade for monte's with bigger wheels as well as a good performance upgrade in drivability. There are sway bars for the other years as well

just google 06 monte carlo strut bar

Addco's anti-sway kits are engineered to optimize the suspension on your vehicle. When one side of your vehicle's suspension compresses, or pushes down on the springs, the anti-sway bar is pulled up. The resulting twist in the bar forces the other end to pull down. This force will lift the compressed corner of the vehicle and pull down on the unloaded wheel on the other side. The result: your vehicle will lean less and handle better and more predictably! You'll have better control when maneuvering through lane changes and tight turns! Each bar is manufactured from high carbon steel, hardened, and stress-relieved. Mid and end link bushings are all urethane. Includes lifetime limited warranty!

[ul][*]
Includes Urethane Bushings![*]
Gives Your Vehicle Flat, Tight Cornering! [*]
Balances Out Understeer! [*]
Provides Dramatic Handling Improvement! [*]
Manufactured Under ISO9002 Regulations! [*]
Lifetime Limited Warranty! [/ul]
They are also on ebay and other online stores

[IMG]local://upfiles/2994/50A4C1CEE04B42F9B0E313739DC48F7E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-22-2008, 08:37 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: STRUT BAR FOR 06-07

There's a BIG difference between a strut bar and a sway bar. You have shown a sway bar. The strut bar, or strut tower brace, ties together the strut towers under the hood. Some 6th gens had them stock, as my '01 SS LE had one stock. I added both front AND rear strut braces to this Intimidator SS, from ZZPerformance.

ZZPerformance Strut Tower Braces

Old 11-23-2008, 07:40 AM

Yes, but I don't see one for the rear on both? It would be better to have both. I would be willing to do some research with you? but what is the monte compared to? I mean it's a gm, It uses some of the same platform as many car's.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:28 AM

When I throw the car into some tight turns, like when getting on and off the Highway ... I'm not sure what is happening to my Monte suspension wise but, I have a feeling an aftermarket part or two would correct it.

The Monte track really well in those tight turns, at speed. The Monte gives me a feeling of confidence when I'm running a tight line in corners or putting the power on in a decreasing radius turn.
Every now and then ... the Rear-end will squeal. If I'm hard into a right-hander ... my passenger-side Rear Wheel seems like its lifting-up and getting light, back there. Is this normal for the Monte-Body?
Would a Strut Tower Brace be what I need to keep the Monte from getting light and squealing the rear tires in hard turning?

Old 11-23-2008, 03:50 PM

The link I posted is for the GP strut bars, which is the same as the Montes. I had to slightly elongate the slots in the front strut bar, but the rear bolted right up. GM doesn't offer a rear bar, as far as I know.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:46 PM

Wayne, mind explaining the difference to me and which might be better? I always thought it was the same thing just different people calling it different things.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

Wayne, mind explaining the difference to me and which might be better? I always thought it was the same thing just different people calling it different things.
I would use both of them. They work better together

Old 11-26-2008, 10:28 PM

A SWAY bar connects the bottom of the suspension together, and does what it says, reduces the "sway" or roll, or lean of the car. A STRUT brace connects the top of the strut towers together, under the hood and in the trunk under the window tray. Here are pics of my strut braces front and back. The trunk pics are old, as it's hidden now by the new speaker box. These are the ZZP welded 4130 crome moly braces. The GM are stamped steel, and are FLIMSY! These are THE best out there. PERIOD!

You can see the strut tower brace behind the speaker box:

Rear passenger side mount:

Front strut tower brace at the top in this pic:

Driver front mount:

Passenger front strut brace mount:

As far as sway bars, bigger is stiffer and better, in my opinion. Not sure of the sizes, but get the biggest available, if you don't all ready have them.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:49 PM

Where do you get them?
How much are they?
How complicated is it to do the rear? Does the car need be Jacked-up?

Old 11-27-2008, 07:53 AM

ORIGINAL: RickCoMatic

Where do you get them?
How much are they?
How complicated is it to do the rear? Does the car need be Jacked-up?

1) zzperformance
2) right around 120 or so for both of them
3) Not very hard, It's just a tight fit.

Quick Reply: STRUT BAR FOR 06-07