Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Products used for lowering

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 05:57 AM
Default Products used for lowering

Who makes lowering springs/coilovers and performance shocks/struts for 00-current Monte's? I plan on doing a modest inch to inch and a half drop once I get my 18's. I'm leaning towards using KYB GR2 shocks, not sure what springs to use though. Any suggestions would be nice.

Old 05-25-2005, 01:11 PM
Default RE: Products used for lowering

I used Eibach springs on my 02. I used the 2" ones. I think they are listed as 1 1/2", but are closer to 2" after the car settled. That took about 1000 miles. I have 255/45-17 tires and the back ones rub very slightly if someone is in the back seat and you hit a decent bump. I think tire diameter and width is more important than rim size as far as fitting the wheelwell. I also used the GR2 struts, but didn't know they had other ones to choose from. i'm very happy with the ride and handling this setup gives. I am going to install aftermarket sway bars, trailing arms, etc when I have time. I'll let you know how they work.

Old 05-26-2005, 04:13 AM

damn, rubbing is a nono. I had a 89 Civic sedan slammed 3" w/17's w/40 series tires and 2 12's in the trunk. I would travel back and forth between the bay and Sacramento and as you're leaving Milpitas on the freeway, there are some pretty major dips in the road. When I'd get to those the wheels would bottom out on the wheel wells, it was horrible. I just thank god I never popped a tire or something, ya know?

I want 18's on this this thing so if I lower, it'll prolly just be an inch or so.

Old 06-01-2005, 11:22 AM

Hey Randall,

Think you could take some pics and put together a DIY for us on that upcoming mod?

TVW

Old 06-01-2005, 12:02 PM

Sure. I'm actually going to buy a digital camera and hopefully learn how to post pics on here. When I upgraded the brakes I looked at the sway bars and other suspension parts and it looks like a fairly simple bolt on, except for the front sway bar. It seems to snake in and out and around different parts, but might go in between them easily. I've been busy lately and haven't gotten around to ordering the parts, but I want it done before the end of August. I'll let you know when I get started on it.

Old 06-01-2005, 12:44 PM

as for the camera if you are looking for a easy to use with a good photo quality look at the Fuji fine Pix series They are great for point and shot cameras. bu for the SLRs look in to the Canons series of the 300D real nice low end pro camera. depend ow much you want to go with it

Old 06-05-2005, 04:04 PM

Don't the SS models sit lower than the LS? If so, I could just put some SS springs on my LS right?

Old 07-30-2005, 09:05 AM

i think the ss and the ls are about the same but the ss suspenison is alot stronger then the ls

Old 07-30-2005, 12:21 PM

ORIGINAL: safeZ

i think the ss and the ls are about the same but the ss suspenison is alot stronger then the ls
You think? And what is it that you know that makes you think the SS suspension is any different than the LS? My guess is that if there is any difference, it's simple things like lower springs and sway bars, I can't imagine them retooling the whole suspension for the SS, given it's only a 20hp difference from the LS.

Old 07-30-2005, 04:45 PM

the ss editon has a sports suspension the ls doesnt and those 20 horse sometimes make alot of diffrences at times how the car is built

Quick Reply: Products used for lowering