Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Pacer Mystique rims...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Default Pacer Mystique rims...

Just bought a 2001 MS LS(87000 miles) and it has pacer high performance rims on it 20 inch racing tires.My low pressure light is on but dealership said it was bc of the tire weights.Does this sound right??The car handles well but not sure about gas mileage since I have never owned a MC.Will it suck the gas??Will it affect the odometer?Also I'm sure these would be horrible for wintertime right?I'm a newbie when it comes to Chevy bc I usually buy Ford.I work there.I wanted the MC as soon as the body style changed in 2000(?) so I'm in need of much advice and help.I will doing alot of posting on this site bc I know you guys are the experts and trust your advide.THANKS in advance!!!!

Old 05-23-2010, 11:12 PM

Any takers???Heeelp.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:16 AM

they will for sure affect your gas mileage and your performance to some degree. I am not sure about them causing the faulty reading on the tire pressure sensor. Yes wintertime will suck depending on where you live. If you dont want the 20's i would sell them and getting something stock.

Old 05-24-2010, 12:33 PM

If you have 20" tires I dont think anything will be affected at all. I think stock, these tires are 21" right?? As for the dealership, they, most of the time, dont know what they are talking about, they are requiring less and less training and expierience these days so they basically take in kids fresh outta highschool to work for cheaper. Now, this is most, there are plenty of dealerships that are good and reputable, you just need to find the right ones.
I dont think if you have 20"tires that anything should be affected.

EDIT: Im gonna go outside right now and measure the tires..

Old 05-24-2010, 12:43 PM

Okay, yeah it might hurt performance and the odometer might be off a little. Stock tires are 25" I was way off.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:04 PM

Okay the rims are Pacers the tires are Extreme ZR Nitto 555.WHT02 Monte I love your tires.What are they rims and tires?Are they good in snow?I will probably want to get rid of the ones I have now.What are they worth.Im stupid when it comes to these things.Do you need more info??THANKS!!!!
Oh yeah the car seems a little out of alignment and drifty at times.Would the tires be the cause if not then what??If I hit a bad part of road there is a loud "thunk" coming from the back of car also...tires?

Old 05-24-2010, 05:16 PM

The tires are pirelli P4's and the rims are MB motorsports drifter 17X8, which they dont make the black ones anymore just silver and chrome. You might need an alignment, rotation, but if it feels like it drifty around turns and you have an audible "thump" when you hit a hole, you might wanna get your suspension checked out. Im not too sure what your rims would be worth unless you post up some pics. And as for my wheels in the snow, havnt had them long enough to try, and I kept my stockers anyway for winter which is always a good idea to do seeing as salt can ruin some materials on aftermarket rims. But yeah, post a pic of your wheels and we could probably give you an idea of what they're worth.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:30 PM

How do you post a pic?I have jpeg but no URL...

Old 05-26-2010, 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by darklady28
How do you post a pic?I have jpeg but no URL...
use tinypic.com

Old 05-26-2010, 08:31 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Check all your tire pressures and get them to where you run them.

Turn your car on and the radio off. Hold the bottom DISP button for 5-10 seconds until it beeps and a menu pops up.

Scroll with < seek > and look for tire pressure then scroll with (1 prev) (2 next) and go to RESET then hit the DISP button again.

Scroll to exit, hit DISP and turn the radio back on, your light should be off.

Quick Reply: Pacer Mystique rims...