Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Option 1 Tony Stewart
88.89%
Option 2 Powder Coat
0%
Option 3 Kazera KZ-A
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Which option should I choose?

Old 01-11-2007, 01:29 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Which option should I choose?

Sorry to the mymonte people on here who have already seen this post, but I want as many opinions as possible !

Option 1
I think this looks pretty darn good, tell me what you think. It's the 6th gen wheels, the ernhart or stewart edition wheel I think... 17". I'm pretty sure these fit, right?

Option 2
I still like the idea of powder coating my current wheels, does anybody know how much that would cost? Then I wouldn't have to buy new tires. Of course I guess I could paint them myself, but if powder coating isn't too expensive I'd like to do it that way. (edit- found out powder coat would be bout 50-60 a wheel, but more expensive if I want to mask out parts, which I want to do... leave the lip silver)

Option 3
would be kazera KZA's in black, 18" probably the most expensive option.
(didn't chop the wheels big enough here though...)

Old 01-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: Which option should I choose?

i would go with the first (i'm kinda partial to em lol i think they look great on there and you can buy em off ebay for 395 for the set

Old 01-11-2007, 04:21 PM

i like the first version also.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:21 PM

Go for the first ones. I'm partial to brite looking wheels, predominantly black or dark painted rims makes the car look like it's wearing rubber boots.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:56 PM

Hi Scott, I like the Tony Stewart Edition Rims
The first photo
Great Look'in Monte
Safe/Happy miles 2 U
`Space

Old 01-11-2007, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member

you should edit your first post and turn this thread into a pole

looks like the consensus is going with the same style as mine though

you should try to do something about that little dent in the door though lol..jk just giving you a hard time

Old 01-11-2007, 06:22 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

yeah, I'll try to turn it into a poll in a sec... but yeah looks like is going to be one long "tony stewart" bar, and no bars for opt 2 and 3

yeah and that dent is driving me crazy... tried to take it to dent wizard a couple days ago, and they had moved or gone out of business [:@] . They did really good work and its cheap... gotta find somewhere else to do it now.

I got that dent 2 days after getting a dent (that my brother put in my rear panel) fixed. Somebody just whacked my car with their door and decided to walk away... people make me mad.

Old 01-11-2007, 06:55 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: Revitupfaster

Go for the first ones. I'm partial to brite looking wheels, predominantly black or dark painted rims makes the car look like it's wearing rubber boots.
Yeah, out here in So. Cal., the black rim thing is really taking off. Especially on black suv's and black ricers. I'm trying to like it but I just don't see it. I voted for the Special Ed. rims.

Dave

Old 01-11-2007, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member

personally i've never liked black rims, some people really like them, and its gotta be something you really want.i would never put black rims on a black vehicle, you dont really notice them, and black on anything else you dont really notice either (unless it has a stainless steel lip on them) but they just look like winter steelies when they're spinning

personally i like chrome....shiney!! lol....did i ever tell you my favorite color is shiney!! lol

Old 01-11-2007, 09:25 PM

i had a guy i knew tha tsaid the same about white cars with chrome on them it was like puting white on white.
the thing wiht the black wheels for me is not somethign i would do. But then i like the contrast fo the brite wheels agianst the dark car.
even if you only go with the brushed alum it is still somethign that atleast has contrast.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Which option should I choose?