Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

New tires are in

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 09:44 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Post New tires are in

I just received my tires my Tirerack but not without some problems. First the wheels look great. They haven't grown on me yet since I haven't seen them on my car. I'm going for a silver and blue combo so the chrome had to go. They are Moda MD8 18x8 with Firestone Firehawk wide oval 235/50/18's.

The problems are that the centering ring is too small. The paper works says it reduces to 70mm which in fact should be 70.3m. That .3mm will not go in at all even with a rubber mallet. Also Tirerack doesn't throw in any locks just lug nuts. And finally the holes where the lugs go are too small for any socket and none came with the hardware. I can't get my cross in there or any lug socket. The only thing that fits is a 3/4" socket from my ratchet set.

I have to call Friday to get some answers. This is my first time using Tirerack and hope everything goes well. I've bought 4 sets of wheels from Performance Plus Tires | Tire Dealers | Custom Wheels | Rims at Performanceplustires.com and never had a problem. Great company and prices but didn't have a set I wanted.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:35 PM

Monte Of The Month - March 2010

Man that sux ur having issues but those rims do look pretty nice

Old 09-02-2011, 08:03 AM

they look great. good luck rectifying your fitment problem

Old 09-02-2011, 05:20 PM
15 Year Member

I got the answer I wanted today. They are sending me new hub rings and a lug adaptor. I'll get them by Tuesday though which is the only bad part but their customer service was great.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:30 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

That is part of the risk of buying online, If you went to a local retailer you would have spent more but had any problems solved on the spot. I like the new wheels, from the pics they look very similar to the old ones.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:47 PM
15 Year Member

The new wheels do look similar but the ones I wanted were either 20" which were too big and the other were back-ordered till November. I was hoping to have them on this weekend since it was finally going to be around 99 or so here so I was welcoming the cool weather with a nice photo shoot.

The chrome ones looks smaller in person than on the pics. Since the spokes didn't extend to the outside of the rim it made it look like a 16" wheel. People were telling me to get 18's instead of the 16's that they thought I had.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:51 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by lougreen03
I like the new wheels, from the pics they look very similar to the old ones.
I was thinking the same exact thing, but I figured I had to many to drink, so I guess that answers my question.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:07 PM
15 Year Member

Just checked my e-mail. They are delivering it on Saturday next day delivery. Got to get her washed up now.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:12 PM
Monte Of The Month - February 2010
15 Year Member

I recently purchased new wheels and tires from tirerack and had to look over my order for the centering rings in my order. Mine went on with no problems, that sucks that happened to you and they did include the lug adapter with my order. At-least they will make it right for you, that's cool. Did you get the TPMS sensors installed on your new wheels? Let me know, I did and I haven't got them to respond to the relearn procedure yet......

Old 09-03-2011, 09:17 AM
15 Year Member

In did not get the TMPS installed because the OE wheels I sold to a friend with sensors intact. I was about to buy it with them on because he recently replaced the tires and forgot to tell him to keep the sensors but he actually refused to replace the valves. The shop wanted to give him new rubber valves for $6 to replace the sensors but he turned them down.

We just have to swap out the sensors later cause that DIC message is annoying.

Quick Reply: New tires are in