Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

New Rims for ExplosiveSoundz

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 03:44 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: New Rims for ExplosiveSoundz

ORIGINAL: ExplosiveSoundz

that's where I'm buying them from. 149 for the 18".

I'm very surprised no one likes the NASCAR.....
I used to like NASCAR until they started racing 4 door sedans

Old 03-02-2009, 06:35 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007

NICE rims Keegan! I know what you meen about keepin' the beast clean! REALLY I do!
245's should work, but I'm running 235-50-18s on mine. Doesn't mess with the speedo, and depending on the tire the 245s will weigh more. 2 lbs more. Shorter tire by .6", and actually a narrower tread width by .3". This is based on the specs from Tirerack.com on the Eagle F1 Asymmetric. I'd stick with the 235s, myself.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:07 PM

18's should be very good as well. I might have to look into those myself pretty soon. I checked my rims the other day when the snow finally melted away from them (it's parked for the winter) and it looks like there are black pits in the rim.

Can't worry about it now, we'll see about them in a month or so.

Old 03-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year

Check these out:

Anyone have an opinion? I'm not too big into chrome, and here in western PA its a BITCH to keep clean... so I figured I'd go with something that would look decent and not too flashy on an 04 intimidator....

Also, once I get them, I'm gonna have a local artist remove the V and put a bowtie in there...

They recommend 245-45-18 tires... anyone have issues with rubbing in a tire this size?

All feedback appreciated!

-Keegan

you should be fine with the 245s. the rim is not bad the only thing i hate are the nascar engrave on the rim and the spokes are too flush in with the lip. if the spoke is cave in little bit where you can see some lip then that would look ok.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:27 AM

See to each their own though... I appreciate the feedback... But I think the NASCAR will look great with the dale sr edition, and I hate lips on rims.... Which is why I hate the stock wheels on these things. Very boring.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:11 AM

[align=center]

See to each their own though... I appreciate the feedback... But I think the NASCAR will look great with the dale sr edition, and I hate lips on rims.... Which is why I hate the stock wheels on these things. Very boring.
[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]4-Sure [/align][align=center]Hi `Keegan,[/align][align=center]The kid ask me to make this post, so SpaceRider comes out[/align][align=center]from retirement. (He has been @ MCF Addiction Center[/align][align=center]for rehabilitation: ) The Monte Carlo habit is addicting.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Officially Licensed Wheel of NASCAR®[/align][align=center]The NASCAR® wheel line, endorsed and approved by NASCAR® and its top drivers, sets the standard for superior quality, design and performance. [/align][align=center]Styles for both cars and trucks capture the spirit of the race and captivate the imagination. The line includes the Hauler 2, a NASCAR®-inspired, alloy wheel for the street. This design and all NASCAR® designs feature a cast NASCAR® logo on each wheel.[/align][align=center]NASCAR® is a registered trademark of the National [/align][align=center]

[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/nascar/nascar-wheels.jsp[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]"It is great to have others like your Monte Carlo, but what matters[/align][align=center]most is that the owner/driver likes it" 4-Sure [/align][align=center]A few different looks below[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]or[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I must now get back to the `Rehab Center, I only had[/align][align=center]permission to made one post.[/align][align=center]Peace/Out/SpaceRider[/align][align=center]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/5EE6D14248DF413BA6ECB61C70917236.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/D0270A0021CF4097B52FC317D3852466.jpg[/IMG] [/align][align=left]* Thanks Mod Taz[/align][align=left]Kid Space still in [/align][align=left]MCF Dention[/align]

Old 03-03-2009, 09:26 AM

that looks awesome!!! I like the bowtie alot!!

Why're you in detention?did I miss something?

Old 03-03-2009, 09:49 AM

[align=center]

that looks awesome!!! I like the bowtie alot!!

Why're you in detention?did I miss something?
[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]LOL `Keegan, no I`m just playing around.Space is way different then the[/align][align=center]rest, and is a crazy/weird character ~>4-Sure.[/align][align=center]I just got permission from the MCFhigh command to respond to your post. [/align][align=center]I've been playing 2 much on the MCF, and just taking a break to keep[/align][align=center]up with my work, & obligations. I have been filling `up 2 many spaces[/align][align=center]on the MCF and thought I would leave some room for other members[/align][align=center]to post zomething [/align][align=center]I really like your choice in Rims for the price, and think they would loook[/align][align=center]Xplosive on your AweSome Monte Carlo SS <~ 4-Sure.[/align][align=center]Hope U post some pictures of them on your Monte.[/align][align=center]Peace/Out from `Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-]Below Rim 4 Mod `Taz [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/A61D336752524C5CB143DDE824FA4557.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-03-2009, 10:31 AM

ORIGINAL: RocknSS04

NICE rims Keegan! I know what you meen about keepin' the beast clean! REALLY I do!
245's should work, but I'm running 235-50-18s on mine. Doesn't mess with the speedo, and depending on the tire the 245s will weigh more. 2 lbs more. Shorter tire by .6", and actually a narrower tread width by .3". This is based on the specs from Tirerack.com on the Eagle F1 Asymmetric. I'd stick with the 235s, myself.
Wayne,

I was looking at 235 50 r18 tires but will they work on those 7.5" rims? Otherwise I'll be stuck with the 245 45 18...

Old 03-03-2009, 10:57 AM

looks good. I really do like them a lot! I had thought about rims like that for me, but, I ended up coming across the ones in my picture for cheap. The nascar should fit well with the car, plus, their just straight up bad a$$!

Quick Reply: New Rims for ExplosiveSoundz