Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Nascar wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 03:39 AM
Default RE: Nascar wheels

Is this what you are looking for?

Old 12-04-2006, 04:24 AM

Well sorry guys. . .I may have found what you are looking for . . .but the site says these wheels are for trucks only [&o] I tried But here's the link if you want it. . .its a good start, and it has some good wheels in it.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...uck&st=6+Spoke

I actually found these wheels in my magazine. . .its the 2006 Ultimate Wheel and Tire Buyers Guide. Its an awesome magazine. . . it tells you everything from spacing, to diameter of the wheels, even sizes that'll fit our cars. It also goes into depth about brakes, tires, and camber. Basically all you need to know about tires and wheels is in this magazine. I'd suggest buying it and reading through it. And for those of you that want to paint your wheels. . .even has tips in it for doing that too. But anyways. . .there you go. . .I tried. . .sorry if I wasn't much help. . .

MonteriderLS

Old 12-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

i've always been wondering about doing that, i think i'm just gonna try to get those yellow lettered tires though and keep my stock rims, that is if i can find the yellow tires anywhere.

but those blacks do look good and would look good on the monte carlo

Old 12-05-2006, 12:39 AM

The tires your looking for are Goodyear Eagle #1 Nascar tires. Only bad thing is the yellow is discontinued and they come in white.
ORIGINAL: wiz kidd

i've always been wondering about doing that, i think i'm just gonna try to get those yellow lettered tires though and keep my stock rims, that is if i can find the yellow tires anywhere.

but those blacks do look good and would look good on the monte carlo

Old 12-05-2006, 02:16 AM

http://www.americanracing.com/wheels...nted&section=A
this might be somthing your looking for

Old 12-05-2006, 10:20 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

ORIGINAL: TrickRacin

The tires your looking for are Goodyear Eagle #1 Nascar tires. Only bad thing is the yellow is discontinued and they come in white.

that sucks that they discontinued them in yellow, thats the way they look the best, but i still think that will be the way i go for the next tires i need

Old 12-09-2006, 04:08 PM

You could also take a set of stock Monte steel wheels, and have the centers welded into wider rims. Then you could specify width and backspacing to get as much tire as possible under the fender. I'm surprised that there aren't any Nascar look Montes running around ( the magazines would be sure to call it "Pro Nascar"!)

http://groups.msn.com/MonteCarlosand...oto&PhotoID=15

TG

Old 12-09-2006, 04:19 PM

u know they are selling a tire paint now that u can use to paint the letters yellow on the tires and noone would really know the differnce

Old 12-15-2006, 12:34 PM

I got my answer via email regarding why they fit RWD only. The stud offset is different than FWD vehicles.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:06 PM

Now I wish I could have talked to the owner of the Monte I saw with these rims so I could have asked where they where baught and what the brand was. I'm not sure what I am going to do now. I am going to keep the stock one's on until the spring anyhow as I already have the snow tires on for the winter. I'll have to keep looking and make a decision before spring arrives. Thankyou all for the helpfull information on this subject.

Quick Reply: Nascar wheels