Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

THE MONTE GOT NEW SHOES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default THE MONTE GOT NEW SHOES!!!

WELL THE STORY IS!!!
first of all here a shot fo the wheels off of Craigs list becuse it is to dark for me to get the shot i want of them righ tnow and make them look nice. And my white monte carlo is BLACK right now thanks to the 4x4 experince today.

i was on the way to work and as i started to get off the interstate to go to the yard to get my Big truck out of the cornner of my eye i cought movement!!

So as i was heading tword the curve at around 45-50 MPH I all of a sudden had a Deer trying to become a hood ordament.

With me being the person i am and driving SKILZZ i have i reacted with out thinking and missed the Deer. (freckin BAMBI DIES TO MARROW AT SUN UP!!!)
In this procces i hit a rut int he road and took both the front and rear tite off the rims on the Pass side of the car. (or at least i thought this was all i did)
So i had to get it off the road becuse where i was i could not stop. thinking i had only blew one tire at the time i stoped figureing i would get the spare out and all would be good. Then i relize the rear was blowen also.
After gettign it to the yard to acess the problems better in the light (mind you it was0400)
and i tried to add some air to the tires becuse it looked liek i had just taken the bead off.
After trying to air it up i foudn tha ti could not ge tthem to seat so i pulled them off the car to attempt to get them to seat . Well i found out that i had actually bent the rim in one place on both of them in the rear side right at teh lip. causing the bad seal on the tires.

SO after runnign all frekin day long to find some stock wheels to replace the now bad ones i had i finally had to deal with aplace called Rent A Tire. (not happy on this agrement )
They treated me excelent. but the cost is goign to kill me . i ended up with the tires,rims,lugnutz,locks , and mounted and bal. for life of the tires.
for just under 1400.00 out the door. But thier deal is it is a rent to own and becuse this was SO FAR OUT SIDE OF THE CURRENT BUDGET. i had to opt for this program till the taxes come back and i can then pay them off. but till then it is 60.00 a week!!! can we say OUCH!!! this is our slow time of the year in Construction and driving SO checks suck right now. So i guess we eat tortias and beans for the next month or so till i can affored to pay them off . (kidding we have kids we can eat to[sm=imsorry.gif])

[IMG]local://upfiles/265/6613E032CF064D36B3216D27F40C7636.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-22-2008, 06:46 PM

Monte Of The Month -- May 2011
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: THE MONTE GOT NEW SHOES!!!

ouch, bummer! but new wheels are fun

Old 01-22-2008, 07:07 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

yeah fun they are and look great but not somthing i wanted to spend cash on right now. I just put new tires on it in Germany (last feb) to ge tit shipped back here and they didnt get drove on more then a crawl for over two months while it was bing shipped back etc..
So i no have three good tires and two good wheels and one that holds air but cracked and the other one is cracked big time i dont think it has a prayer for it.

Old 01-23-2008, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: mickey
So as i was heading tword the curve at around 45-50 MPH I all of a sudden had a Deer trying to become a hood ordament.
LOL... sorry bout the rims... the upgrade looks nice though, are those 20's?

i know how it feels to be overextended.. once theyre paid off youll be glad you did it though

Old 01-23-2008, 05:52 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

Actually they are 18s

here is a photo of them on the car I think the ones about migh tbe a lil diffrent but thtey were real close LOL

Now i need to update my album here AGIAN!! LOL

[IMG]local://upfiles/265/DC50E5A23C5B42539429FF2ED186174C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-30-2008, 12:25 AM

Looks good, any rubbing issues in the rear? if so have thought about any mods to correct?

03 Sleeper SS.

Old 01-30-2008, 05:50 AM

Mod `Mickey,
They look AWESOME on your Monte.
It's easier to make sacrifices when they can add so much
beauty to something we love (like a Monte Carlo : )
The rims add alot of beauty to your Monte Carlo.
That's a great photo of them.
Maybe our Master MCF `artist will make a `sig
from your pic...
You are doing what my G/P taught me.
Giving `up to Get, & Giving `up to keep...
Thanks for Giving `up your time to Share your pic's,
with the member's...Good Luck,
`Space

Old 01-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

I didn tgiv eup much space i enjoy comming in here to pick on pepole LOL