Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

- Member's Input on: BFGoodrich g-Force SPORT -

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 09:42 AM
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default - Member's Input on: BFGoodrich g-Force SPORT -

[align=center]I'm searching for new Tires[/align][align=center]I now have (2) tires with side punctures.[X(][/align][align=center](Lots of Junk on the Roads these days) [X(][/align][align=center]My g/f got one yesterday, when she went up to[/align][align=center]Orlando for a future Nurses Seminar.[/align][align=center]I just got one a few weeks ago .[/align][align=center]Life sure is a Test. [X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I only have 9K on my OEM Goodyears.[/align][align=center]Approx: $169 each+ for OEM Replacements[X(][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
[align=center]
[/align][align=center]Goodyear Eagle LS[/align]
[align=center]High performance Touring All-Season Radial H-Rated[/align][align=center]$169.00 +

P235/55R-17 98H BSL[/align][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I'm looking @ the below tire[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Has any member had these on their Monte Carlo ?[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]What do you think of the below tire ?[/align][align=center][color=#0000ff]BFGoodrich 225/55ZR1797W GFRC SPORT[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
The g-Force Sport is BFGoodrich's Ultra High Performance Summer tire designed for Sport Spacedrivers ,who want to combine outstanding dry handling with affordable prices. The g-Force Sport was developed to provide crisp and responsive handling in both wet and dry conditions. Like all summer tires, the g-Force Sport is not intended to be driven in near freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.
On the outside, the g-Force Sport molds BFGoodrich's BlackTech tread compound into a directional tread design with large independent shoulder tread blocks, g-Hook intermediate ribs, two continuous center ribs and two wide circumferential rain channels to blend superior dry cornering, capable wet traction and straight-line stability.
Internally, the g-Force Sport features twin, high tensile steel belts that are further strengthened by BFGoodrich's ETEC System (Equal Tension Containment) spiral-wrapped reinforcement to stabilize the tread area enhancing handling and high-speed capability. A dimensionally stable polyester cord body and g-control sidewall inserts help resist lateral deflection to generate cornering force and stability. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
$109.96[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]
Price Match Policy [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I can get them for $98 each plus tax/etc.[/align][align=center][/align][/align][/align][/align][align=center][:-][b]Click below link to

Old 07-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Old 07-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Default RE: ~ Need new Tires : ( 225/55ZR17) ~ ?

Bonus Information on Air Pressure
Click on each below link 2 learn.
I keep learning something everytime I visit the MCF.
Tire air pressure is sure important.
I share
[:-]

Old 07-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

man that sux!!! i hate it when you pick up junk off the road, i used to get that all the time, but luckily it was in the tread part where it could be repared, sidewall punctures can't be repared

what about discount tire company?? they're usually pretty cheap i thought

Old 07-19-2007, 12:37 PM

[align=center]Thanks `Mod Wiz Kidd for your post.[/align][align=center]I checked discount tire, & they are about the same price,as the others[/align][align=center]on the BFG `Sport.[/align][align=center]I plugged the first side puncture, but I onlydid slowcreep'in driving.(under35MPH)[/align][align=center]Now, I have 2 tires with side plug's in them [X(]I know, not safe : ([/align][align=center]It sure is stealing from my Monte Carlo Mod fund : ([/align][align=center]$$ No funds ~ No fun. $$[/align][align=center]So far, it looks like I will get the BFG Sports.[/align][align=center]My g/f's Miata is fixed, so we shall share `it : )
Thanks for posting.
[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

Old 07-19-2007, 12:59 PM

Hey Space this might sound strange
Try the local junk yard
They might have an 06-07 Monte or Impala with low miles on her with great tread left on the tires.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:14 PM

Thanks Michael ~Mrrench~
We have been calling around, but there isn't that many auto salvage yards close.
My grandfather has a few friends that he is contacting.
My grandfather will alway loan me the money for things I need, but
never for things I want : ) Oh, + interest.
He's a believer in earning your own way...His quote "No Free Lunch `Space" : )

Old 07-19-2007, 03:48 PM

Oh, man...sorry to hear that, Space. I spend alot of time on Tiresdelivered.com. I found this:

http://www.tiresdelivered.com/prodde...prod=100070697

Hope this helps. Good luck, buddy!

Old 07-19-2007, 03:51 PM

Hey, your dealership didn't offer you the wheel and tire protection package with your car? It was about $5 extra a month for mine. The wheels and tires, whether factory or aftermarket are covered for ANY damage, whether my fault or not, for the entire time I own the car.

Old 07-19-2007, 04:15 PM

[align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Moderator Bigg `J ~ Jason ~,[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I really appreciate your post, and your find of the site/tires[/align][align=center]I am lookingfor, & researching.[/align][align=center]On the site you posted, they have themfor a[/align][align=center]Sale Price!: $92.39[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Sear's has the tires, & they will match any price that I can find. Yoursite is$5.61 less a tirethen I'vefound.[/align][align=center]WoW, that's a big saving 2 me : )[/align][align=center]I'm still doing research & look'in at all options, but[/align][align=center]the more I read about this tire, the more I'm liking them...especially[/align][align=center]@ that price : )[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]I will have my friend print out your posted site for proof.[/align][align=center](My printer's down/rest'in, don't wanta work no more : )[/align][align=center]Moderator `Jason,[/align][align=center]I really, really appreciate your help, but you always `do : )[/align][align=center]Thank You ![/align][align=center]~ Peace 2 all ~[/align][align=center]Space[/align][align=center]
[/align]
[/b]

Quick Reply: - Member's Input on: BFGoodrich g-Force SPORT -