Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

GMPP Handling Package

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 11:39 PM
Default GMPP Handling Package

I was looking around gmpartsdirect and found the W-Body handling upgrade package. I have a completely stock 2002 Monte Carlo SS.

Does anyone know if the car has the upgraded parts already?

Thanks

Old 04-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member
Default RE: GMPP Handling Package

what does the handling package consist of?? probably nothing different from what you already have ...they just like to make up names for stuff..lol

all the vehicles that i have driven that say they have sport handling package or something like that i haven't noticed a difference to stock ones...i dont know if its just me or if anyone else notices this

are you not happy with the way your monte handles??

Old 04-19-2007, 10:56 AM

I looked in to getting the GMPP kit, but didn't think it was that much different from stock. I ended up putting together a suspension using Eibach springs, KYB struts, and SLB sway bars. The GMPP kit was WAY cheaper, but I think my suspension is much better.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:07 PM

As best I can tell the trailing arms on the car now are just some rolled sheet metal. The GMPP trailing arms look completely different (rounded).

I have looked into SLP sway bars and some BMR suspension parts as well, but they are way too expensive. Even if the GMPP kit doesnt make the car rock solid, it will at least be more fun to drive. The bang for the buck factor is my main concern.

rchurch, do you have any pogo problems with the Eibach springs and the KYBs (are they the standards or the AGX adjustables?)

Thanks

Old 04-19-2007, 12:11 PM

Shoud have put this in the last post, but wiz kidd, I really like how the car handles when im just driving around town, but sometimes if I'm pushing it a little harder than usual, the back end starts to get a bit funky on me. I'm just looking for a way to tighten up the back end under tight cornering.

Old 04-19-2007, 03:38 PM

They are the standard KYB's. No pogo'ing at all. I do want to go with the adjustables when I replace them, just for the adjustability. Before I put the SLP sway bars on it did get funky in the rear in hard cornering but the bars stopped that. I wouldn't mind the round trailing arms, the stock stamped steel ones are flimsy.

Old 04-19-2007, 08:21 PM

I just purchased the Eibach spring kit - I have the round trailing arms on order. I'm just trying to figure out what I need for strut mounts - I'm going with the KYB struts... I'll keep you posted as I make progress!!
Anyone who has installed theEibach spring kit and struts- did you change the mounts? If so, can you use stock strut mounts or do you need anything special. Am I going to have the "pogo" issue??? - just trying to get everything straight before I do it.

Thank

Old 04-19-2007, 10:55 PM

ok can someone please explain this POGO issue that were all hearing about?

What is it?
what or how can you fix it?

Is this with the stock struts and the lowerd springs also?

Also do any of ya have alink to the trailing arms?

I would love to get this car tighter. I havent had a issue with it tryign to come around on me and i hit a 30mph cornner every day at more like 55-65 but at the same time i also like the idea of it beign a bit less body roll.

I hate that i cant get it flat in a corrner. this is the biggest comeplaint for me other then the non exsitance of the V-8 and RWD with a better tranny in it.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:36 AM

Trypfyc.com. As I've posted several times, I have the Eibach springs, KYB non-adjust struts and SLP sway bars. I'm also running 255-45 z rated tires on 8.5" x 17" rims. I can push the car to the tires limit in a corner and it stays relatively flat. Before I put on the sway bars, the car wold feel like it wanted to "hop" in the rear when really pushing it in a corner and understeer was terrible. I felt like it was the stamped steel cheapo trailing arms flexing. Now I'm wondering if this was the "pogo'ing" effect everyone talks about. It didn't happen in normal driving, just pushing the car hard in a turn. With the sway bars it doesn't happen and the understeer isn't nearly as bad, but I still want to replace the factory trailing arms. I just think it will complete the suspension and tighten it up a bit more.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Monte Of The Month - April 2010 & Sep
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

ORIGINAL: IffyG

I was looking around gmpartsdirect and found the W-Body handling upgrade package. I have a completely stock 2002 Monte Carlo SS.

Does anyone know if the car has the upgraded parts already?

Thanks
I would recomend getting this. Some of the newer MC's (like the 06+ SS have some of the parts) but this will be an improvement for your MC. you can even run the Comp G rear sway which is solid... I have to get the pt number later though.

Quick Reply: GMPP Handling Package