Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

GMPP Handling Kit Out of Stock

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default GMPP Handling Kit Out of Stock

The W-body handling kit (pk12456148) is on national back order at GM. You have to order the individual pieces if you need it.

12498642 - Heavy Duty Rear Stabilizer Bar Kit
The kit includes stabilizer bar P/N 10274610 and
bushings P/N 10415925.

12498643 - Heavy Duty Front Stabilizer Bar Kit
This 34mm bar enhances cornering
by reducing body roll. The kit includes stabilizer bar P/N 10404184,
bushings
P/N 10403188, and end links P/N 10403402.

12498648 - Strut Braces
These are production Buick strut

tower braces designed to minimize body flex. The kit includes two strut
tower braces, hardware, and installation instructions. The part number
for
one strut tower brace only is 12456148.

12498649 - High Performance Tubular Rear Trailing Arm Kit
This kit increases rear
suspension
performance by eliminating rear suspension flex. It includes two rear
trailing arms.

Try asking for the kit price when ordering the individual parts, it is cheaper that way.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:52 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2009
2009 Monte Of The Year
Default RE: GMPP Handling Kit Out of Stock

to be honest why waste your money on just the suspension stuff. i'm happy with my stock 04 ss suspension. i did bought the gmpp trailing arm, when putting them side by side they look and weight about the same. i know on the 97-03 grand prix gtp sways and trailing arm are not as strong as the monte ss and i see alot of people upgrade to the monte/impala suspension. if i were you i would just get the stabalizer bar for the back and call it for the day.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:04 AM
10 Year Member

Silverbullit:

I drive the interstate to work and have ben using the exit ramps as a gforce tester. After installing the kit, I'll see if I can take the off ramps at a faster speed then before.

A poor man's skid pad.

After the thousands of dollars I spent in my younger days drag racing and building muscle cars, the cost of the kit is a bargain.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:53 PM
2009 Monte Of The Year

my car is lowered still riding on stock struts. 255/45/18 rubbers on 18x9 stang bullitts. the only suspension parts i upgrade are front and rear stabilizer bars and gmpp trailing arm (should of left the stock one on) the streets out here in chicago are not the smoothest either. i don't take the interstate to work, i take the busy street where as theres lot of turning and dodging pot holes. i think my stock suspensions hold up pretty good. hey if you can afford the kits buy them, but i still think it's a waste of $$. btw when you do get the gmpp suspension kits and want to sell your stock front/rear sway and trailing arm pm me.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member

I'll keep you in mind about selling the parts. The car only has 28K on it so the parts are l/n. I may also have a spare Strut Tower Brace coming.

Old 02-18-2009, 07:24 PM

see carcrazi07's ad in the for sale forum, he's got a stock intimidator suspension for sale

Old 03-01-2009, 02:52 PM

Silverbullit, I think you may already have the GMPP kit if you have the '04 supercharged SS.
The FE4 suspension has the same components as the GMPP handling kit, except for the strut tower braces.
Look at the build sticker inside your driver side door edge, and if FE4 is listed on there (it should say FE2 then FE4 side by side), then you already have the upgraded sway bars and trailing arms.

I'm not positive that all of the SS models and s/c SS models came with the upgraded suspension but it's easy to check by the build sticker. I'm pretty sure that all of the Intimidator editions came with the FE4, and I'd bet that the Dale Junior editions did also.

Adding a set of strut tower braces makes a difference though, and the FE4 did not come with those.
I bought a set of speedbuilt STB's (they were what PFYC sold before they carried the BMR ones, and they look similar but aren't quite as beefy as the BMR's are), and I love them.

-Riggs.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:47 PM
2009 Monte Of The Year

i never check to see if i have the gmpp suspensions on mine yet. the only reason i want it cause my co worker have a gtp and on the 97-03 gt and gtp are crap. they are not as strong as the one on the impala/monte carlo. his trailing arm are bent up. i was just trying to get one off the impala/monte carlo for him.

Old 03-02-2009, 02:27 PM

Silverbullit-

Gotcha. It's pretty easy to check if you have the handling kit already, but I would assume so.

There is a guy in the classified section selling the FE4 suspension, which is most likely the exact components you have on your car, and would bolt right up to the grand prix.

The suspension on the last car I had (an '01 Monte LS) was not nearly as solid as the suspension on my '04 s/c SS. I would assume that the Monte LS and the Grand Prix have the same suspension. The LS would have handled much better with the sway bars and tubular trailing arms.

-Riggs.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:06 PM

Check your build sticker on the drivers door, if it says FE4, its the same system, if not carcrazi07 has a full kit (used) for sale including
Intimidator struts and springs assembled (better shock valving and stiffer springs)

Aaron

Quick Reply: GMPP Handling Kit Out of Stock