Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Eibach Suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:59 PM
Default RE: Eibach Suspension?

[align=center]
ORIGINAL: rchurch

The non-adjustables are WAY cheaper. Check them out on pfyc.com or other sites. Seems like they were less than $200 when I got mine.
[/align][align=center]Hi `Randall,[/align][align=center]They look awesome on your Monte Carlo[/align][align=center][:-]Our first Monte Carlo of the Month Winner [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Look'in Good, and Run'in Strong

[IMG]local://upfiles/714/00863E418A64464CAF024186DDE71767.jpg[/IMG] [/align]

Old 12-12-2007, 10:44 PM

I ran a set of Eibachs for a while with stock struts but I also have 8.5 wide tires; with rolled fenders and a car load, it would rub a bit.
I'm now running Koni adjustables and Gm drop springs .7R .9F, but I want to try the Eibachs again w/ the Koni's.

I like the ride and look a bit better than the GM's.. Get em...

Old 12-12-2007, 10:53 PM

hehe... only vote stock so far

guy i work with who has a 2003 monte HAD 1" drop springs.... but he got tired of the rougher ride, scraping more over bumps/dips/parking lot entrances... but the part that got me is that he said he didnt like how he could feel his CV joints working when he took off hard from a stop. which is understandable since they would always be working at an angle instead of vutually inline at stock height. he drove it like that for about 40k mi and never had a problem with it, but he ended up goin back to stock.

Old 12-13-2007, 12:09 PM

I'm running 255-45 tires on 8.5" rims and there is some slight rubbing in the rear when you hit a decent bump, especially with a passenger in ther back seat. It's not enough to worry me, though. On speed bumps, parking lot entrances, driveways, etc, I just make sureI hit them at an angle. The only thing I've ever rubbed was the plastic air dam under the front end, which happens often but causes no damage, and once the mufflers rubbed on a very steep driveway entrance.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:55 AM

Ok with the 5th gen the most used and enjoyed struts are the KYB Gr2's.

on my Z it came with the Z suspension and the springs were lower then the LS already... i love the old school raked look (nose lower then the tail.) i had been runing 245/40-17's upfront and 225/55-17's in the back... anyone knowing tire size would know there is about an inch or more diff in tire hieght between these tires! so even with the tires the car leaned....i desided to put the eibachs only upfront, since my rear was already stiff enough) the drop was just what the car needed... before you could see the fender gap was much more upfront then the back....but now with eibachs upfront and stock Z's in the back the gaps are the same...at a quick glance you are like wow that looks good but what is diff? lol

the ride is great! very responcive. on the 6th gens there is an issue with what is calledpogo'ing. they sell washers to stop this. if pfyc.com doesnt have them go to ZZPerformance.com this is the main issue on why people switch back to stock suspension on the 6th's i cant remember exactly what causes the issue but its prob with how the spring geometry meets the strut tower.... but anyway get these and you will enjoy every sec of the car all over again!

Old 12-15-2007, 10:10 AM

ty for that info and when u say "pogoing" u mean bouncing? cos thats the prob i have now, intrax springs and springtech struts and my car bounces up and down like some sort of moonwalk or something lol. hell if i hit a bump hard enuf my front tires go airborn. so im glad duane got replies to this thread cos i started 1 about the spring/strut combo i was getting and got no feedback and needless to say i wasted my $$$. so looks like kyb and eibach for me.

bout what am i looking at for this combo?

Old 12-15-2007, 06:49 PM

i would try the kyb GR2's first....the diff between the eibach proSport springs and other perf springs is that the eibachs are Progressive rate... which means they get stiffer with load... so small bumps the spring rate is softer and will be progressively harder as you squeeze them...IE taking hard turns.

the GR2 struts are a good perf strut for our car. i personally have never heard of the struts you have... Intrax springs are from what i remember more for just lowering the car and not the best for performance. but deff i would try swaping struts first as that will be more noticable. unless your car is too low rightnow... then do the eibach.

as for the "pogoing" you have... it is cause of the strut not having enough dampning force whats called "under-damped" the pogo effect on the 6th gen is unrelated to spring and dampning forces... it is about the geometry of the top of the coil and strut.

Old 12-15-2007, 08:02 PM

ORIGINAL: z34phoenix

i would try the kyb GR2's first...

i personally have never heard of the struts you have...
affirmative ill def go for those, and the struts i found on ebay asked around got no feedback at all so i figured why not and i bought em. and as far as lowering those 1.8" intrax has now given me 2.5" of lowering and im scraping everything so a full redo is in order. just not looking at all foward to the bill im gonna get for this LOL

Old 12-16-2007, 01:16 AM

well if your rears arent too bad i have my Z34 front springs still... i dont want to get rid of the eibach rears that i have sitting incase i want to run full eibachs but i wont be going back to stock. if you want the front Z's let me know we can work something out

Old 12-16-2007, 06:07 AM

to phoenix.i have a 6th gen and i asked this question a while ago really got no response,but the way the wheel well is cut it makes it look lower in the back then front so i wanted to run two eibach springs up front and leave the stocks in back is that ok to do?

Quick Reply: Eibach Suspension?