Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Completely disappointed with Eagle GTs

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 10:39 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Completely disappointed with Eagle GTs

My Dad just called me to let me know that his Monte Carlo failed inspection because of GoodYear Eagle GTs that he purchased in May of last year.

11,000 easy driven miles and they are completely worn out and won't pass a PA inspection. All the good things I've heard about these tires from this forum

Old 02-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep
My Dad just called me to let me know that his Monte Carlo failed inspection because of GoodYear Eagle GTs that he purchased in May of last year.

11,000 easy driven miles and they are completely worn out and won't pass a PA inspection. All the good things I've heard about these tires from this forum

They were my first set of replacement rubber and I found the exact same issue... Great handling (they really stick to the ground), however, the wear rate was terrible, I got about a year out of them and will never purchase them again... I think it has something to do with being very soft rubber...... The generic tires I run now are fantastic and 30% cheaper...

Old 02-05-2011, 10:51 AM

Can't spell PIMP without an MP
Monte Of The Month -- November 2010
2010 Monte Of The Year

Dang! That's rough man. Not even 1 year old?

Old 02-05-2011, 10:52 AM

Hi `Mike, that's hard 2 believe, but I'm not a fan of Goodyear Eagles : (
If I was in your father's position, I would contact a Goodyear representative & have them inspect the tires....

Especially `if they weren't abused (Are you sure your father wasn't out racing every weekend ? LOL

Even cheap tires will go 30K plus miles without problems...
http://www.goodyeartires.com/help-center/
Send this link to your father & have him contact Goodyear with his problem with Eagle GT... or have him call ~>please feel free to Email us by using the following form or call us at the Goodyear Customer Assistance Center 1-800-321-2136,
M-F 8:30AM - 5:00PM EST. ~>Good Luck

http://www.goodyeartires.com/care/tire-maintenance/

Old 02-05-2011, 10:55 AM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

He had me print out the invoice, I'm going to mail it to him. IDK what to do, but I guess I need to start researching some new all-seasons for him by the end of the month.

Old 02-05-2011, 12:20 PM

Had a similar problem with Eagle RSAs on a Pontiac Vibe. Regular rotations were critical with that tire. I was lucky to get 25,000 miles on a set. The tire store guy was amazed I got that many. Switched to Cooper and could not be happier.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:02 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Unfortunately I have the same problem - I've had my GTs for 2 years and approx 22k miles and they are wearing quick - we noticed it when we rotated my tires about a month ago.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:19 PM
Jon

Setting the PACE of the new generation.

Wow glad i cought sight of this thread.
My father was thinking of getting me a set of GTs
O.o

Old 02-05-2011, 08:28 PM
Monte Of The Month -- February 2014

Originally Posted by MillerMonteSS
Dang! That's rough man. Not even 1 year old?
Now my one year included generous amounts of front wheel spin, smoke & screeching, if you know what I mean... However, my generics go through the exact same heavy right foot antics and outlast them hands down...... Maybe someone on here could verify/explain the soft rubber compound they use on the GT's...

Last edited by Crusader SS; 02-05-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:39 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

I will never buy anything from Goodyear after running the RSAs. Ive never seen a tire with such poor traction in my life. All they are really good for is holding air. Its a shame because my stock rims have brand new RSAs. I like my Pirellis. They have about 15,000 miles on them. Unfortunately I ran them for 2 summers with my front camber out of spec so they are wore down goofy. The two I had on the back still have 75% tread on them. I used them on the front last summer and I will probably get next summer out of them before they all need replaced. Thats on factory tires too. Every factory tire I have ever seen wears down WAY sooner than the same tire if you bought it yourself. So if I can get 20k on those then I would imagine my next set could see 30k easy.

Quick Reply: Completely disappointed with Eagle GTs