Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

Aftermarket strut top plates???

Old 09-17-2009, 11:30 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010
Cool Aftermarket strut top plates???

Anyone know of any good aftermarket strut top plates for a 00 monte?? Im redoing the whole suspension and dont wan to put oem ones back on...any links or suggestions would be helpful! Thanks

Old 09-18-2009, 01:01 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

when i redid my whole suspension, i decided to go with the kyb plates. found them on ebay from a guy where i ended up getting my struts too just because they were the best price i saw.
are you lowering yours as well?
heres a link for the struts, i guess he doesnt sell the plates anymore. zzp should have them. from what i recall, there wasnt a huge difference in price, pretty much standarized for the plates.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KYB-4...Q5fAccessories

Old 09-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- October 2010

I was planning on putting the eiabach lowering springs on, yes and was going to go with the adjustable kyb struts, but im starting to think there not worth it.... i'll keep looking for plates because zzp only has the oem replacement ones. How do you like the struts you got from ebay?

Old 09-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

honestly, you'll probably see absolutely no difference between oem and aftermarket strut plates. the only ones i can think of are kyb, oem, and monroe. they all make strut plates. no difference between them, only price (monroes are more expensive i think)
the struts i got, the KYB GR-2's are great with my eibachs. no problems. i did an entire suspension swap too. make sure to get the anti-pogo washers available from zzp, and you'll definately want to get shortened dogbones and an alignment after. i did my whole swap for about $525.
scour ebay, i got my eibachs from a private seller $180 shipped new in box sealed.

Old 09-18-2009, 05:30 PM

what do the shortened dog-bones do for you?

i putting headers on, so i know i cant use them...

Old 09-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

well, i didnt buy them after reading that i might not need them. after about a week of shaking at 50 mph, i spent the money and got them. stopped shaking right away. some headers you can modify to still fit, but its tough. the shortened dogbones pulls the engine forward more, making for better balance all around the car by putting the drivetrain back into alignment. i opted for poly mounts too, just for a little less motion upon acceleration.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:22 AM

that settles it, im not lowering mine...

Old 09-19-2009, 12:47 AM

I know this is way off base, but every time I see your posts and I see the picture of your Monte, with all its glorious mods I drool. You've got to have the sweetest, fastest, and all around best Monte of anyone on this site. Congrats on souping up this sweet car the way it was meant to be.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Photobucket
15 Year Member

thanks for the compliment, remember that when you vote for me during monte of the year on here! its far from the fastest on here, people with turbos would spank me, and so would silverbullitt........his is a beast too! i set out to build a clean looking, decently fast monte, and i've achieved my goal. thanks.

03monte, instead of buying the shortened dogbones, you could buy the offset poly mounts, they do the same thing really. you could still lower your car and have no shaking.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:03 PM

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket strut top plates???