Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

22 inch on 07

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Default 22 inch on 07

I put some 22's on my 07 and it is telling me to check tire monitoring system, does anyone know how to turn this light off with out removing them?

Old 01-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Default RE: 22 inch on 07

The only way to get an Idiot Light to go off is to correct the Problem.

You either have to put back-on the old wheels; or quit being an Idiot!

(Old joke but funny every time you get to use it!)

Old 01-19-2009, 07:52 PM

You should be able to have the tire pressure sensors mounted into the new wheel you got, atleast that's what I did when I got my 18's for the summer months.

If you didn't get the TPMS in the wheels then you can either have some shop have them added in or you can just ignore the message that comes up everytime you start the car.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:31 PM
Just call me Dubs

ORIGINAL: carlsimmons

I put some 22's on my 07 and it is telling me to check tire monitoring system, does anyone know how to turn this light off with out removing them?
I had that issue when i first put my 22's on my car as well.I just went to a tire shop and had them check and make sure each tire had the same and equal amount of air in all 4 tires.Never came back on again.Except for when I put my factory wheels back on.It was the same issue and hasn't come back on since.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

Remove the Big-O-Wheels...

Old 01-21-2009, 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: SolowSS

I had that issue when i first put my 22's on my car as well.I just went to a tire shop and had them check and make sure each tire had the same and equal amount of air in all 4 tires.Never came back on again.Except for when I put my factory wheels back on.It was the same issue and hasn't come back on since.
^But yours goes by the revolutions to tell if a tire is flat I believe. The '06 and '07s have actual sensors in the wheels (metal valve stem) and when the sensors are missing or not calibrated the service TPMS message comes on.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Just call me Dubs

ORIGINAL: RickAKATed10

Remove the Big-O-Wheels...
Or it's your car ride it how u want to.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Just call me Dubs

ORIGINAL: God_Bot

ORIGINAL: SolowSS

^But yours goes by the revolutions to tell if a tire is flat I believe. The '06 and '07s have actual sensors in the wheels (metal valve stem) and when the sensors are missing or not calibrated the service TPMS message comes on.
Oh ok didn't know that.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:20 AM

Im glad my 06 LT doesnt have the TPMS. just seems stupid to me, one more thing to break or **** up. I have my own TPMS its called my hands, a air compresser, and a tire gauge.

God bot is right, the sensors should have been put in the new wheels and tires when the were installed.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:10 PM

There's several D-I-Y types of resetting the TPMS.

One way mention in a complicated post I read said you need a Magnet and an assistant. You follow the procedure in the Owners Manual. The Magnet is a "Special Tool" ... but, you can improvise with a store-bought magnet.

Another Post said: (follows-cut and pasted here)

If by low air air pressure, you mean the tire pressure sensor, here is the way to reset.
To reset (calibrate) the system: The tire pressure
monitor system can be reset two ways. With the ignition position at ON, pull the interior lamps control to the ON and OFF settings three times. It can also be reset through the radio using the
following steps:
1. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON and turn the radio off.
2. Press and hold the TUNE DlSP button on the radio for at least five seconds until SETTINGS is displayed.
3. Press the SEEK SCAN up or down arrow to scroll through the main menu.
4. Scroll until TIRE MON appears on the display.
5. Press the 1 PREV or 2 NEXT button to enter the submenu. RESET will be displayed.
6. Press the TUNE DlSP button to reset. A chime will be heard to verify the new setting and DONE will be displayed for one second.
7. Once the monitor has been reset, scroll until EXIT appears on the display.
8. Press the TUNE DlSP button to exit programming. A chime will be heard to verify exit.

The system completes the calibration process during
driving. The system normally takes 15 to 20 minutes of driving
in each of three speed ranges to "learn" tire pressures. The speed ranges are 15 to 40 mph (25 to 65 km/h), 40 to 65 mph (65 to 105 km/h) and above 65 mph (105 km/h). When learning is complete, the system will alert you after two to eight minutes if a tire is 12 psi (83 kPa) different from the other three tires. Detection thresholds may be higher and detection times may
be longer on rough roads, curves and at high speeds. The system is not capable of detection at speeds greater than 70 mph (110 km/h).

Almost all of the message center items are accessed through the menu on the radio. You should be able to find what you need be getting in the menu and looking around. Hope this is what you were looking for?

Quick Reply: 22 inch on 07