Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

22" rims

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Default 22" rims

I just put 22" rims on my 86 ss and im trying to find a way to make them not rub so much when turning.It seems as if they are hitting the frame of the car when making a sharp turn I thank you in advance for any feedback youcan give me.

Old 12-17-2008, 10:19 PM
Default RE: 22" rims

Somebody at the Wheel Store should have told you that those 22's were too big for a Monte.

Makes the car look like a DieCast Model with Ferris Wheels underneath.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Just call me Dubs

what size tires do you have and did you lift your car? Put 1 inch to 1.5 inch spacers on the front that should solve your problem.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:22 AM

ORIGINAL: RickCoMatic

Somebody at the Wheel Store should have told you that those 22's were too big for a Monte.

Makes the car look like a DieCast Model with Ferris Wheels underneath.

u say the same ****, people gon do wat they wanna...let it go Deezam...HATER!!!!

OBAMA!!!

Old 02-11-2009, 12:32 PM

man let me know where you got these 22's. im lookin for some rims myself. im in a 00 black monte ss..

Old 02-11-2009, 02:29 PM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- August 2009

DeeDaBoi,
You talk funny....

chelseegtp97,
You are on the INTERNET. It is a magical place... Try searching. Google just came out yesterday and I heard it is useful.

Sorry, but these threads make me laugh. Take care!

Old 02-11-2009, 08:04 PM

I'm in the same boat as Rick here but it's not my car so...

Tire size and lifted or not would help like SolowSS said. Do you have any local tire shops? If so I'd run by them and ask what they think would help out.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:04 PM

i could understand 18 to a 20 inch rim with no rubbing when turning i never understood why people want to go to a bigger than a 20 inch the montes are not trucks where you can go with an insane size of rime and tire combo i have 26 inch rims for show not to drive with i enjoy driving the car not to wreck the monte you still may have to modify it a little more if you have the 7th gen

Old 02-15-2009, 07:47 PM
Just call me Dubs

ORIGINAL: monte07

i could understand 18 to a 20 inch rim with no rubbing when turning i never understood why people want to go to a bigger than a 20 inch the montes are not trucks where you can go with an insane size of rime and tire combo i have 26 inch rims for show not to drive with i enjoy driving the car not to wreck the monte you still may have to modify it a little more if you have the 7th gen
there's nothing wrong with lifting your Monte you don't have to put a monsta lift on your mc to get 2's or 4's on it I lifted my mine for 4's and I don't have alot of space in the wheel well and I don't have any issues with rubbing either nor do my rims stick out the side of the car it's all in how u do it.And as for the 6's what the point in having them if your not going to ride them that's just false flaggin.Me and a few of my boyz had our cars in dub show 2 years ago everyone was cleaning and setting up there carsand this guy rolls his 2 door box chevy in and it was clean nice paint and everything.Then we look down at the rims and they were 15 inch stocks were sitting here thinking to ourselves this is dub show where are the dubs.He then hits the switches and jacks the car all the way up then a van pulls in and he rolls a set of 6's out the back.Were like there's no way he's getting those 6's on there with truck tires.He proceeds to let the air out of the tires to make them fit on his car.At this point werenot the only one's watching this shaking our heads.By the time the show had started everyone was talking about how he was false flaggin and how he wasn't a real rider cause everyone else rolled in on there rims and he didn't nor could he drive with them on if he wanted to.Why have them if your not going to ride them.

Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 AM

thats a bad *** story

Quick Reply: 22" rims