Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires/Rims/Suspension (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/)
-   -   2006 SS - I want the best looking & fitting 18s. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/tires-rims-suspension-16/2006-ss-i-want-best-looking-fitting-18s-13401/)

SSilver 05-02-2009 09:43 PM

2006 SS - I want the best looking & fitting 18s.

I just picked up my 2006 SS and would like to research the wheels. I would like to keep the factory 18" size, and I lean towards TSW wheels for their looks & price...

What would look killer on a Silver 2006 SS and fit right to the edge of the fender lip? I like the 18" TSW Snetterton so far...I would try 18x 8" front & 18x9.5 rear with proper offset. Not sure if possible, but will measure tomorrow. I does look tight in there with the rear spring right there :eek:

God_Bot 05-02-2009 09:53 PM

I've got 18x7.5's that fit really nicely, but with slightly different suspension I don't know if they'd fit the same on yours.

What sort of finish are you looking for? Black, machined, chrome, painted, a combo?

SSilver 05-03-2009 01:18 AM

I would like Silver or Chrome. Not much else will do...although the right black wheels can look killer on a silver car, but they must be perfect...Meh...Silver or Chrome, please.

BTW - your car looks very sleek and almost not real! What color is that? What year Monte? Looks great ;)

RickAKATed10 05-04-2009 10:10 AM

TSW Wheels are pretty pricey. Good luck with your search. Post a few pics of wheels you're interested in and we'll tell you which ones we like. I'm sure some one can even do some Photoshops for you.

custom95 05-05-2009 08:30 AM

good luck fitting 9.5's in the rear. why would you put a wider wheel/tire in the rear on a front wheel drive car anyway? i think a gunmetal five spoke wheel would look sharp with the silver.

ChibiBlackSheep 05-05-2009 08:35 AM

tirerack.com

ChibiBlackSheep 05-05-2009 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by custom95 (Post 127435)
why would you put a wider wheel/tire in the rear on a front wheel drive car anyway

x2...

RickAKATed10 05-05-2009 09:36 AM

x3......

God_Bot 05-05-2009 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by 2006 Silver Monte SS (Post 126962)
BTW - your car looks very sleek and almost not real! What color is that? What year Monte? Looks great ;)

Thanks, it's called Dark Silver Metallic, really just a dark metallic grey. Super boring unless clean, then you can see the slight sparkle and the black just helps it pop a bit. Oh, and it's an '06 LT with the 3.9L.

tirerack.com is a great source, they're what I ended up using.

Like the others have said wider tires on the rear of a FWD car is a bit goofy, but if that's what you want. Did you know that the Gran Prix GXP's of late came with 8" wide wheels up front and only 7" in the back?

Just looking through the newest tirerack magazine and some of my favorite brands with new wheels this season would be Boss and SM (SportMuscle). I've always like Avarus to but they look to be more luxury tuner style. I can almost guarantee that most of us active members prefer 5 spokes because any more or less kinda looks funny on our cars.

Good Luck

SSilver 05-05-2009 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by custom95 (Post 127435)
good luck fitting 9.5's in the rear. why would you put a wider wheel/tire in the rear on a front wheel drive car anyway? i think a gunmetal five spoke wheel would look sharp with the silver.

It is all about the look of the car. The stock front wheels sit a bit outward towards the fender, but the rears are tucked in way too far for my taste. I like a car to look right - wider in the rear, or at least even with the front, regardless of FWD or RWD. I'm not talking about tires sticking way out past the wheelwell lip, just right to the edge of the wheel well lip, both front & rear. Trust me - it will look fantastic. My search for 5-spokes continues.......