Tires/Rims/Suspension Discuss your tires, rims, and your suspension system in here.

= What Brand Tires do you have on your Monte ? =

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 05:18 PM
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Question = What Brand Tires do you have on your Monte ? =

Hi Member's,

What `Brand of Tires do you have on your Monte Carlo ?

Are you happy with them ?
Please share/post your review for member's.

Would you buy them again ?
Post your price `if you can ? size ?

Are you getting good miles on them ?
How are they in the rain ?
Handling ? Braking ?

Please share & help our member's that
are about to purchase the best tire(s)
for their Chevrolet Monte Carlo.

Look forward to your tire review

Thank `You

Old 03-13-2014, 05:25 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

On the Monte Currently..
I bought these tires in 2007.. During that time Lizzy was using it as her daily driver... So I bought 60,000 mile Kelly all season tires. They currently have 49,000 miles on them .. Yet because I do regularly rotate them and keep them a the correct pressure/balanced ... I expect to easily get another 10,000 out of them before I purchase new ones...
They no longer make 60,000 mile tires.. as far as I know.. They also have a lifetime warranty on them(thru Belle Tire) for as long as I own the vehicle that is also tranferable if... I ever sold it... Which isn't going to happen anytime soon...lol

Great Post Space!

Old 03-13-2014, 05:38 PM
Smile THanks Mod `David 4 Sharing !

Thanks Mod `David for being the 1st to post & sharing the brand that you purchased + the super miles that you have so far (WoW)...I never got more then 10 K on my tires (LOL)

I've never had Kelly Tires, but they sound like a good tire with great wear..

I do believe that tires & brakes are the two top important purchase for any vehicle...Your tires are the only thing that touches the ground (unless U flip it over >lol), and `Brakes are the only thing that stops you when a child (like `me) jumps out in front of you . They both can be expensive, but I think it's an important investment to make b-4 you mod 4 performance.

WoW, I must be getting old...Now listen here Kid `Space (LOL) * The older I get, the more I find myself sharing how I was taught by the senior citizens that raised the Beach Bum's & I. > LOL
Oh, I also have caught myself saying "In the good old days" LOL I do miss my fun beach teen years 4-Sure...It's only been over six years ago, but it seems like a long time ago...WoW, time flies when you're having `fun (LOL)

Last edited by Space; 03-13-2014 at 05:47 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:52 PM

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo for my super mega ultra amazing summer tires and Firestone Winterforce for my snow tires. I get really good traction during all seasons with them, and I don't believe that they are wearing that fast. Spent about 500 for each set I think. My fuel economy for the summer tires went down just barely, but I would say that they give great grip, and that's probably the reason why. i would recommend Hankook to any serious enthusiast!

Old 03-13-2014, 05:55 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The tires I use don't rally have a very long life, maybe 15,000 miles on them. They are a pretty soft compound and are listed as "Ultra High Performance Summer" tires. But with what I ask of the car tread life is secondary as I need her to stick when required.

BF Goodrich g-Force Sport Comp 2 255 50 16's

A few reviews say they are too loud, I'm like not even caring about that, lol. Great reviews on these at Tire Rack, they are one of our forum sponsors.

Recently bought some more BF Goodrich's and some Hankook Ventus Z214 race track and auto cross only drag radials for the spare set of rims from Tire rack. Great prices, very fast shipping.

Last edited by ZIPPY02; 03-13-2014 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Dubstepticon
Hankook Ventus V12 Evo for my super mega ultra amazing summer tires and Firestone Winterforce for my snow tires. I get really good traction during all seasons with them, and I don't believe that they are wearing that fast. Spent about 500 for each set I think. My fuel economy for the summer tires went down just barely, but I would say that they give great grip, and that's probably the reason why. i would recommend Hankook to any serious enthusiast!
See you ran the Hankook tires, your pleased with their performance? I read some great reviews on them, bought some Hankook Ventus Z214's, but have not yet mounted them. Wonder what your opinion is on Hankook's....

Old 03-13-2014, 05:59 PM
Cool Thanks Member's

Thanks `Tyler & `Greg,
You both posted exactly what I was hoping for on this thread.
I hope it helps our membership & also reminds every member to check their tires & brakes. We want our member's to be safe out there on their highways of life...We need you here on the MCF 4-Sure....

Be Safe `Out there & EnJoy

Old 03-13-2014, 06:35 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2011
Monte Of The Month -- December 2016
10 Year Member

Goodyear eagle RSA 235/55/17

Old 03-13-2014, 06:36 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2013
Monte Of The Month -- December 2015
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Monte currently has some kind of continentals, i'd like to smack the person that put them on as they're not performance related at all. The squeal during hard cornering and have terrible grip. I did buy some Good year eagle f1 asymmetrical all season tires. They're one of the top rated tires for ultra high peformance all season tires on tire rack. So i hope they're good.

Old 03-13-2014, 06:41 PM
Monte Of The Year 2012
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by Leprechaun93
Monte currently has some kind of continentals, i'd like to smack the person that put them on as they're not performance related at all. The squeal during hard cornering and have terrible grip. I did buy some Good year eagle f1 asymmetrical all season tires. They're one of the top rated tires for ultra high peformance all season tires on tire rack. So i hope they're good.

Whew hoo!! New rubbers for your Monte!! Nice bro! That's cool you broke down and gotcha some new tires, Mr. Mario Frikin Andretti gettig ready to get at it!!

LOL, you would like to smack the guy who put the Continentals on your Monte!!

Quick Reply: = What Brand Tires do you have on your Monte ? =