Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

5th Gen ('95-'99): Then and Now Photo's after 7years

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Then and Now Photo's after 7years

Well I had some time here a few weeks ago and took the Monte out to a location that I had photographed it back in 2007. This area serves as a great background. in 2007 I did the photo's in April and it was chili cold. This was in July and it was warm. Anyway I am attaching a few photo's the first in the series is near a Small Lake (pond) Trees are similar you can see the Train in background on one and just the tracks on the other.
The upper photo is 2014 I think I got close to the same location.

The bottom is 2007 photo I changed the Headlight covers to clear and painted them Black so I had clear lens for night driving, It also allowed me to make a Bowtie signal at each end of the cover. Wheels have been changed and the pinstripe on the side is on the upper side of the body, I have also added a TAZ feature on the rear you can see he is trying to eat the Tire, & an New Chevy racing Decal in the rear. I also Added the Intimidator decal to the Mirror.

Attached Thumbnails Then and Now Photo's after 7years-2007_0420image0041a.jpg   Then and Now Photo's after 7years-2014-monte-0271-33-.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 08-18-2014 at 11:05 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 08-18-2014, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Default Then and Now photo's 7years apart

This was near a Stream looks like a river in the background but is a small lake. The new photo shows the Wheels that are new diamond cut from 2004 Monte Carlo.

There is about the same amount of water in the Lake this time.
The #3 has been removed from the Fuel door. The Car looks Cleaner from back in 2007. But I washed them both prior to the photo's.

Attached Thumbnails Then and Now Photo's after 7years-2014_0420image0055a.jpg   Then and Now Photo's after 7years-2007_0420image0055aa.jpg  
Old 08-19-2014, 07:15 AM
5 Year Member
Default This one was taken Going North up the hill.

This was taken near that lake and the view is of a pasture with Cows and up a hill to the North. The Passenger side of the Car Pinstripe is changed and I added a Taz in his tornado to the passenger side a few years back.

Attached Thumbnails Then and Now Photo's after 7years-2007_0420image0058aa.jpg   Then and Now Photo's after 7years-2014_0420image0058a.jpg  
Old 08-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Monte of the Month -- March 2015

Nice photos. It is always cool to see how your car has changed from year to year. Plus also to see how the area has changed to. Nice job.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:22 PM
5 Year Member
Default Rear Drivers Side

Driver side from the rear same location 7 years later, the photos in 07 were taken in April and the recent ones were done in August of 14.
The changes were the Wheels from an 02-05 Monte Carlo, then the decals of course. Every body enjoys the Taz trying to get the rear tire.
Then the rear panel has been redone, has the 3D Taz emblem on it, I had the panel painted all Black and the back up lights are Chevy Bowties, I have decal frames to go around them. The panel is High Gloss Black unlike the original that if you wanted it to shine a bit you had to polish it.
Then it also has a new Intimidator emblem on the Rear ( dome style in a Stainless Steel look) The spoiler is a 1 piece unit, I had another Monte with a 3 piece and it was a pain to set and line up.
This Monte also has the R K Sport Ground Effects all around. Ground effects add so much to the appearance of any Car.
If you can afford them it is a positive investment.
For those who may be wondering, (Not cardboard standups)( I look just like the Late Dale E. and yes, I was fortunate enough to meet him once and spend a few days exchanging B.S.)
I can match a photo of his with one of mine ( Candid Shots the best kind) clear back to when he and I were little.
If you ever meet your twin you will be stunned by it. We both were.
That's why you will see the reference to the Car and the Handle I have. On occasion you will see a 3 car that I might post it is not mine, but some dedicated fan's.
They let me drive them and use them on events.

Attached Thumbnails Then and Now Photo's after 7years-2014-monte-0271-9-z.jpg   Then and Now Photo's after 7years-2007_0420image0045a.jpg  
Old 08-19-2014, 09:24 PM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2011
5 Year Member

This is really cool. Thanks for sharing!

Old 12-28-2014, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member

Last edited by drivernumber3; 12-28-2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: function of the GIF
Old 12-28-2014, 06:10 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2013
5 Year Member

I like it, Looks friggn awesome!
Great Pics and Location!

Sure would look Great with ours side by side!

My current body kit is a Razzi(side skirts).../RK Sport combo..
However, I recently purchased a complete RK Sport Kit!
So, I will be changing out the side skirts as well as adding lowering Springs.
It will give it just a 1.3"inch drop.. That combined with the RK Sport kit should look kick butt! (I hope)

Is yours an original Dale Sr ? Or, is it a tribute?

I bought mine from the dealer as a 1999 Z-34.
Which is what they had offered when I wanted mine(As the most powerful)..
I actually ordered it in 1997 and received delivery of it in 1998. There was no Dale Sr. Edition available.. then that I know of.
If there had been one offered.. I definitely would have bought one..
They said there was no SS model available for 1999 only the Z-34.
But apparently there was? As I see yours says its an SS.
That is why I bough this Z-34 Model.. as I too had Dale Sr. in mind.
You definitely have 1 awesome Great Looking Monte!

Thanks for sharing!
Would love for us to be able to get them together sometime!

Last edited by STUMPMI; 12-28-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 12-30-2014, 06:27 PM
5 Year Member
Default Z-34 and SS (5th generation)

Originally Posted by STUMPMI
I like it, Looks friggn awesome!
Great Pics and Location!

Sure would look Great with ours side by side!

My current body kit is a Razzi(side skirts).../RK Sport combo..
However, I recently purchased a complete RK Sport Kit!
So, I will be changing out the side skirts as well as adding lowering Springs.
It will give it just a 1.3"inch drop.. That combined with the RK Sport kit should look kick butt! (I hope)

Is yours an original Dale Sr ? Or, is it a tribute?

I bought mine from the dealer as a 1999 Z-34.
Which is what they had offered when I wanted mine(As the most powerful)..
I actually ordered it in 1997 and received delivery of it in 1998. There was no Dale Sr. Edition available.. then that I know of.
If there had been one offered.. I definitely would have bought one..
They said there was no SS model available for 1999 only the Z-34.
But apparently there was? As I see yours says its an SS.
That is why I bough this Z-34 Model.. as I too had Dale Sr. in mind.
You definitely have 1 awesome Great Looking Monte!

Thanks for sharing!
Would love for us to be able to get them together sometime!
That would be fun!!
Is yours an original Dale Sr ? Or, is it a tribute? It is more of a Tribute Car than anything I got it when it had about 30K on it as I recall, I was looking for a car to replace one that I bought and used as a Salesman Car. I had purchased a 1996 Monte for my son when he turned 17 years and was a Junior in High School, I liked it so much I hunted for one myself.

The Dale Sr. Editions were only a 2002 and 2004 Intimidator Models and They only made like 3333 units and each were numbered.
However you could get a Dale Earnhardt Edition Monte Carlo ( they called it the signature series) they were also available in the early 90's as a Lumina as well. They made them at the Dealership in North Carolina, and they were a Z-34 with some extra's. One of the extra's was Dale Autographed the Dash above the Glove box, and the owners manual, plus if you purchased it at the right time you got race weekend tickets as well. Kind of a fun thing.
I DID A POST ON IT BACK IN AUGUST MAYBE (TITLED D.E. Signature Series)

** I found a Quote that I got back in 97 that I will scan in and attach soon.
*They didn't make an SS in the 5th Generation they were all Z-34's till 2000 then they had an SS again.
*The SS on the back panel is part of the Intimidator sticker set I received, (I had the back panel repaired as someone tried to remove the Dale Earnhardt Chevy sticker I had on it and damaged the panel.) The backup lights are the shape of the BOWTIE emblem.
*The body shop put it on without me telling them what to do first so I just left it.
I de-badged this car after I got it and it just has Intimidator emblems on it.
If you could see me you would know why, (I am the Intimidators Twin). When I met the real Dale we were both stunned, he was kind of surprised I didn't know who he was? But that was back in the late 80's. It seemed like it was his duty to give as much Sh*t as he could, in the several days we were at the same location. I gave it right back, and he liked that, I guess.

Thanks for the great comments and taking the time to check it out.

Old 12-31-2014, 12:03 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

We can see you really care for you Monte in a hard way. Great job maintaining her and continually upgrading it. The 04 Diamond cuts are waaay better looking than the other ones. Not to crazy with the decals, tasteful enough with out being looking like you work at a bumper sticker outlet. What a very nice looking 5th Gen. Monte Carlo you have for yourself.

Quick Reply: 5th Gen ('95-'99): Then and Now Photo's after 7years