Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Showcase Your Ride (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showcase-your-ride-64/)
-   -   5th Gen ('95-'99): Some New upgrades to my 99 Black Taz Intimdator (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/showcase-your-ride-64/some-new-upgrades-my-99-black-taz-intimdator-48948/)

drivernumber3 05-25-2014 09:34 PM

Some New upgrades to my 99 Black Taz Intimdator

5 Attachment(s)
Well, I have been observing some of the posts and thought maybe I could put some photo's up of what I have been doing. Some of the items have been a Rush to complete I wanted to get these finished in time for a Car Show I was asked to attend. The overall shot of the Car, Note that I upgraded the Wheels to the factory style diamond cut you normally see on the 6th Gen Monte's these were reasonable and nice condition. My son helped me to keep these a little secret from the (O**Lady) :rolleyes: she would not have approved she needs to make her green thumb addiction come true.
The shifter boot has a Taz wrap, :cool: kind of fun and dumb, keeping with the Taz theme and the Intimidator Theme I added the Door Monitor, :rotfl: the sill decal, and the wheels I added a Disc cover to make the appearance of a Disc Brake Rotor on the rear wheels. :whistling: One note on the wheels the bolt pattern fits but in the front they need a spacer to make them clear the Brake Caliper.
Just so you are aware ( once upon a time) I met this fellow The Real Dale, and he was as shocked as I was that it was like looking in a Mirror when we both looked. I had no clue at the time who he was?? Just some other bozo who looked like me. Just stunned me, so he said you have no clue who I am do you?? I didn't vaguely heard of him but this was when he and I were in our 30's. So if you see a lot of Dale E. or Intimidator stuff here that is why. Some time I may put up some comparison photo's.
Anyway more upgrade pictures coming soon. :thumbsup:

ZIPPY02 05-25-2014 09:54 PM

Well it's good to see you post up some of your recent mods. It's fun to let us see how you have chose to personalize your Monte.

I'm a huge fan of the GM 5 spoke diamond wheels, nice to see you put that style to good use , they actually look really sharp on your Monte! :thumbsup:
Interesting you found a fitment hick-up and needed the spacers, but hey you got it done.

The Dale "TAZ" touch is BA, I like that logo series.

You can go to Vegas and make money at Freemont street posing as Dale, :rotfl: Then you can opt for more mods, courtesy of Dale and your wife can't really doing anything other than roll her eye's. :eek:

drivernumber3 05-25-2014 10:13 PM

More on the upgrades

4 Attachment(s)
A few years ago I took all the wood accent panels and redid them with a carbon fiber vinyl the area above the glove box I add the :chevy:Taz Team Monte Carlo emblem. Until I can find some replacement seats for the interior I got some seat covers Black simulated leather not to bad but not great need a better idea there. I added a new Taz 3D emblem to that and a new Intimidator emblem on the right, the back up lights are Chevy bowties that I taped off and I want to frame them in red yet. I had the rear panel redone and a new emblem I saw a post on the Black Rose that used the Carbon Fiber material on the bowtie inside I already had some and added that feature ( thank the owner of the Black Rose for that Idea) :) I used it on my console lid I did that last year, I like the look on it. Now I need to do the Console Hinge Repair that was posted awhile back. I intend to complete the switch plates, and the console. I saw how that console plate gets broken ( in most cases the person in the car leans on it with there elbow and snap there it goes.) anyway there is a start. :thumbsup: :chevy:

Montelicious 05-25-2014 10:22 PM

Everything looks great! Nice to see unique and creative! Glad you liked the bowtie idea.

drivernumber3 05-25-2014 10:29 PM

The Look

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 615235)
Well it's good to see you post up some of your recent mods. It's fun to let us see how you have chose to personalize your Monte.

I'm a huge fan of the GM 5 spoke diamond wheels, nice to see you put that style to good use , they actually look really sharp on your Monte! :thumbsup:
Interesting you found a fitment hick-up and needed the spacers, but hey you got it done.

The Dale "TAZ" touch is BA, I like that logo series.

You can go to Vegas and make money at Freemont street posing as Dale, :rotfl: Then you can opt for more mods, courtesy of Dale and your wife can't really doing anything other than roll her eye's. :eek:

You know I was in Vegas last September and we went on the Counts Customs, Pawn Stars, Ricks Restorations tour, and Johnny the toy guy too. They all went nuts when they saw me. Some times just to mess with somebody a bit ( they will ask me has anyone ever told you, you look like D.E. I will either tell them no your the first one or I will say who is he? Fun stuff, we went to Texas to the race in 98 and I was driving the rental car, it was dinner time and we hit a bunch of restaurants the crowd I was with hoped out got a reservation at all 4 places, they had a PA system to announce the reservations little did I know they put it on D.E. we get inside and its a great table and they were waiting on us with Zeal you might say. Then the line formed for Autographs, well I don't do that! So I had to show nearly everybody in the Place my drivers license they finally let me just tell everyone that I wasn't the real D.E. I don't show up in the outfit to make it over obvious I just show up. Kind of fun, but sometimes somebody was mad at him and they wanted to tell me about it. For another story. :thumbsup:

crazyzach722 05-26-2014 10:39 AM

Nice looking 5th gen. Everything looks good.

ZIPPY02 05-26-2014 02:48 PM

Man the more I study your picture, I think you really are D.E. and just posing as a regular member... :rotfl: your similarities are uncanny, are you sure your not punking us??

Had to be to much fun in Vegas on that tour, sounds like your in the groove for playing along with all the people's "Has anyone ever" type thing. LOL You have a good heart. :thumbsup:

l67ss 05-26-2014 05:35 PM

You should swap in some 00-05 monte seats, thats what I did on my 97 :)

drivernumber3 05-26-2014 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by l67ss (Post 615342)
You should swap in some 00-05 monte seats, thats what I did on my 97 :)

Thanks And I have thought about that also. Need to find one that has been wrecked and get the goods. How difficult was it to make the switch. Everything bolt up ok?
I also had this crazy Idea to take a bunch of the Nascar Jackets I have and have them used to reupholster the seats. Stupid idea I might have enough to make it work. But then I thought about using leather ones too. Still up in the air on that. Some times you see some that go over the top and the ride has that chameleon appearance. :thumbsup:

drivernumber3 05-26-2014 10:19 PM

Got D.E. ?

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by ZIPPY02 (Post 615327)
Man the more I study your picture, I think you really are D.E. and just posing as a regular member... :rotfl: your similarities are uncanny, are you sure your not punking us??

Had to be to much fun in Vegas on that tour, sounds like your in the groove for playing along with all the people's "Has anyone ever" type thing. LOL You have a good heart. :thumbsup:

This has been an issue for many a year. If I had a $5.00 bill for every time some one said that I could Sponsor the Car for a 2 year deal.
I was accused of that at this last Car show I went to, The asked me to be there for their 40th anniversary we took pictures and you could give a free will donation to the Wounded Warriors Project. So I get some free time to check out all the choice rides and I saw this Silver 1970 Nova go by looked like one a friend had back in the day. On my way to see if I could find it, this guy stops me and is just freaking out about the look. Anyway he accused me of being D E and just being in hiding. No....... I cried a lot back in 01,02,03, almost 06 before I was pretty good, freaked me out to meet the guy, in the late 80's and see that like looking in a mirror thing. Unless you experience it you will never know. :confused: But there are times I will meet somebody that knew him and they will just stare holes in me, kind of freaky. I don't go to the races and dress up like him in uniform and all that, total lack of respect, if you know what I mean. I go to races and if you see it fine, the fans will ask for a picture and that is no problem. When my friends go to the race with me they just enjoy how people watch.:thumbsup: The attached Picture was taken at Kansas City a few years back, during the caution, this guy taps me on the shoulder and says his wife wants a picture with D.E. I wow that could be difficult? We laughed and when I got up to take the picture that whole area had cameras on me. So then these folks were nice enough to send me a copy several in fact including the attached one, they had been scouting me out for sometime. funny stuff :rotfl: