Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

newbie posting pics of his monte

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Default newbie posting pics of his monte

here they are, there was the aftermarket wood trim kit put in this car.

rear quarter look

deck

another view of the dash (and calgary flames dice)

and the *** end

Old 09-09-2007, 01:30 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: newbie posting pics of his monte

I put in an aftermarket trim kit in my previous car (a 99 grand am gt), so I know how expensive they can be.

I didn't like the look of the woodgrain. It was too "old man-ish" for my taste. I was deciding between the carbon fibre, and the brushed aluminum. I eventually went with the brushed aluminum. It really brightened up the dark grey interior of my car, and it made the dash look less "cheap plastic-y".

Old 09-09-2007, 06:39 PM

A flames fan?!!? Yeeeuck! Just jokin with ya. Nice car you got there.. I like the wood trim personally, but ya gotta do something with those long tailpipes, or is that to keep the idiots on the good old deerfoot 500 away? lol

Old 09-10-2007, 12:38 AM

yea i don't like the tailpipes either i'll be going with two tailpipes rather then a pair of dual pipes. prob 2 or 2.5 inch

Old 09-10-2007, 06:11 AM

Yep.. I think that would luck much nicer.. I think some nice 2.5" crome slash cut tips would look stellar on that. Theres a word I havent said that in years.. "Stellar"

Old 09-10-2007, 06:44 AM

[align=center]`Ian ~ HyperFox ~[/align][align=center]Stellar....Good Word : )[/align][align=center]Your Monte Carlo is Stellar (Like `it) Bring it back : )[/align][align=center][:-] [:-] [:-] [:-]
Exhaust Tips and Tricks [/align]
Subjective style and sound
[align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align][align=center]Exhaust tips are one of those items that bridge the gap between the two worlds of automotive performance and visual style. What makes exhaust tips unique is that along with adding a visual finishing touch to the exhaust system and vehicle, they also provide an aural punctuation. The shape and construction of the exhaust tips affect the overall tone of the exhaust note, and can affect exhaust flow as well. The other aspect of exhaust tips is that like a set of wheels, they are an entirely subjective finishing touch to the exhaust system of a car, truck, SUV, or station wagon. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]One person's idea of the ultimate exhaust tip is another's idea of an automotive abomination. As a result of the millions of different people in this world who drive motor vehicles, there is a bewildering array of exhaust tips available. Tapered to trumpet. Mellow to megaphone. Single. Dual. Triple. Quadruple. Square. Round. Oval. Even tips molded into the shape of the Chevrolet "bowtie" are remarkably easy to acquire. The list goes on and on. Everything from basic single wall tapered tips to triple wall lit-up-from-the-inside by different colored neon monster tips are all a phone call, mouse click, or trip to the store away from being bolted up or welded onto any vehicle in no time. [/align]
Style Council
[align=center][/align][align=center]While exhaust tips are indeed one of the most subjective style points of any vehicle, there are still a few guidelines to follow when considering a tip change. If over-the-top is your style, then by all means get your hands on the biggest and loudest. No holds barred. If subtlety is your strongpoint, you must be careful not to tip the scales. Following the general direction of bodyline and predominant shape of the vehicle and mounting flush with the rear valance can add subtle yet unique style. Shape is also important. A swooping car with a great number of curves is not visually well served by square tips that extend beyond the curved valance. And so on. If you're a purist then stick with the classics, or go with what was the predominant style of the time. A period-correct upturned "stinger" exhaust tip looks right at home on a '70s-era Volkswagen Baja Bug, whereas it would look downright goofy on a '90s-era Corvette. [/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Finish and construction are also important considerations. Chrome finish exhaust tips have been known to chip and flake, as chrome doesn't handle extremes in heat very well. Stainless steel is more durable, and available in finishes from brushed to chrome-like polish. Titanium exhaust tips are often available already "blued" to simulate the extreme heat created by real life racing, and add a racy look to an otherwise street-going exhaust. The beauty of it is that, ultimately, exhaust tip choice is up to you. If you think it looks right, then it's right. [/align]
Function Over Fashion
[align=center][/align][align=center][b]Exhaust tips actually do play a role in the final sound of an exhaust. Where mufflers and resonators take care of the good majority of exhaust pulse cancellation and silencing, the exhaust tip can shape the remaining pulses and accompanying sound as it

Old 09-13-2007, 02:33 PM
rj
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I eventually went with the brushed aluminum.

Wish someone would aftermarket a burshed aluminum piece for the pass side of the '06/07 dash. Even the blasted thing out some.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:24 PM
Taz

Monte Of The Month -- March 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sherwood dash makes a kit that includes a piece that surrounds the passenger side air vent. They make dash kits in a variety of woodgrains, simulated and real brushed aluminum, and different colors of carbon fibre.

www.sherwooddash.com
Kit Item# 2D-1928 for 2006 and up MonteCarlo's
Kit Item# 2D-1297 for 2000 to 2005 Monte Carlo's

[IMG]local://upfiles/2963/073DBCF3BC93450FA87C9DCF981C8241.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2963/301C093D7C574D0398C6060B7B1FAA8C.gif[/IMG]

Old 09-17-2007, 07:40 AM
Monte Of The Month -- March 2007
5 Year Member

very nice, that car looks very good with a dash trim kit

Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 AM

Nice wood trim kit.

I like that someone else has done the Fuzzy Dice Mod as well. LOL!

Quick Reply: newbie posting pics of his monte