Showcase Your Ride Post Photo-shoots, Videos, Sound Clips about your ride!

3 weeks till race wars

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 09:00 PM
Monte Of The Month -- June 2015
1 Year Member
Red face 3 weeks till race wars

Well 3.5 weeks till race wars and all that's left for me to do is put my alarm radio and subs in which will happen on sat and then get the car interior exterior and engine bay detailed which I have scheduled for the day before the show. They are doin g a car show 1/2 mile roll races and a sound competition. Through Facebook invite 2.5k have said they are going . This is gonna be my first big show. 1st paid show I've been taking my time trying to get everything as perfect as I can.

http://www.racewarsarizona.com/index.html

Old 03-26-2015, 12:50 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Man Tweek, now that is a Super car show, went to the site and it's like OMG, they are covering everything. This has to be one of the best in the country, I'm jealous. What an event, if my Monte is up to snuff I might consider driving down to Phoenix, I have been to Gila Bend a number of times. I encourage everyone to at least look at this shows schedule of events, it's crazy over the top. It has to be so much fun.

Best of luck getting your Intimidator Monte show ready bro... It's going to be a sic event

See link at Tweeks post or click on the one below:

Race Wars Az (Home)

Old 03-26-2015, 01:48 AM
1 Year Member

I heard they have spent 25k on the event already. Oh plus there is a guy that's gonna b e racing his 84 monte.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:35 AM

Monte Of The Month -- January 2013
15 Year Member

I haven't heard of a tuna sandwich eating contest - gross!

Old 03-26-2015, 08:45 AM
Monte Of The Month -- December 2010
Monte Of The Month -- November 2014
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Sounds awesome! Take lots of pics!

Old 03-26-2015, 10:02 AM
1 Year Member

yeah the tuna sanwitch thing is wierd. The whole point of everything is so there is something for everyone in the family to do.

Old 03-26-2015, 11:27 AM
Monte of the Month -- December 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

For those of you who aren't aware, Race Wars is a real event that gained wide popularity from its feature in the movie "The Fast & the Furious". The Tuna Sandwich Eating Contest and The Buster Awards are tributes to the late Paul Walker and allude to events that took place in the movie.

Old 03-26-2015, 12:00 PM
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Monroe
For those of you who aren't aware, Race Wars is a real event that gained wide popularity from its feature in the movie "The Fast & the Furious". The Tuna Sandwich Eating Contest and The Buster Awards are tributes to the late Paul Walker and allude to events that took place in the movie.
As many times as Ive seen the movie and I just didnt catch on to that. wow am I embarrassed. But yeah over here we do have paul walker tribute crusies. When the movie comes out I think they are going to do the same where everyone meets up at the drive in and then do a cruise after.

Old 03-26-2015, 01:37 PM
Monte of the Month -- December 2013
3 Year Member1 Year Member

Once I get my Monte fully built like I have planned, I would love to make the trip down there! Would be an easy thousand dollar weekend! Would love to meet up with you two when I'm down there, in I dunno...10-15 years?

Old 03-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2012
Monte Of The Year 2012
Monte Of The Month -- February 2017
15 Year Member

Nice, thanks Josh, see it seems like it is going to actually a very sweet event to attend. $25k on it already, it is not a car show to be missed if one is in the general area.

I actually had my hood popped today, looking over things, trying to assess if I want to try and get there. Have a couple glitches, nothing major, exhaust cutout only works 100% open or closed, need new plug wires one is bad for sure and then it will have the random dying out while cruising along. Will start right back up, Matt thinks it has something to do with the turbo timer or the stereo's steering wheel GMOS4 adapter. One of those electrical gremlins one gets every now and again. A couple spots on the body need addressed to where I hit some tire road debris at 75 or so and it jacked up my rear ground effect some.

I bet it will be too much fun, I have a couple of GoPro's that could catch some cool track action.

Quick Reply: 3 weeks till race wars