Racing your Monte Raced a guy in your ride? Had that Monte Carlo of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Video Of My Monte

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:56 PM
Default Video Of My Monte

Went out to Firebird Raceway the other night to test out the new headers, 3 in duals, and dynomax straight through mufflers ( which are very loud ) .. Was rewarded with nearly 2 mph gain and nearly a quarter second off of my previous best.. Only got in two runs because the *** who does Pinks was filming his other show out at the track, and the track neglected to tell anyone about it.. so basically i had to sit in the staging lanes for 2+ hours for a stupid show [:@]... Arrived just before 7 pm and didn't run until 9 pm .. and so many cars were there that i didn't get a second run until 10:45... Anyway enough ranting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsdxmogrUmk

Old 01-22-2008, 10:24 AM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: Video Of My Monte

good job.. smoked a cobalt, lol

Old 01-22-2008, 10:32 AM

Yea non-SC SS cobalt doesn't put up much of a fight... i think he ran a 16.1

Old 01-22-2008, 10:38 AM

Very nice, what all do you have done to your car besides the exhaust system?

Old 01-23-2008, 09:45 AM

355ci SBC Home Built
Vortec Heads w/ spring upgrade
CompCams Magnum 270. 270/270 Duration 224/224 at .050 and .501/.501 w/ 1.6 rockers
CompCams Magnun full roller rocker arms 1.6:1 ratio
CompCams Hardened pushrods and lifter set
SpeedPro Hypereutetic pistons on reconditioned rods w/ ARP hardware
Clevite 77 bearings throughout and Moly Rings
Stock Crank.. no work...
Edelbrock RPM Air-Gap Intake mainfold and 750 cfm Edel Carb
Stock Distributor with Accel Hei module and MSD Coil
Stock type plugs and wires
Hooker headers with 3in duals and dynomax mufflers
Stock oil pan and pump
March underdrive pulleys with stock accessories and clutch fan
Summit TH-350 rebuilt performance transmission with jegs converter 3200 Rpm Stall
Stock 10 bolt rear end with 3.73 richmond gears and lock right ratcheting locker
Lightened front bumper and stripped interior with harness bar and lightweight seat
No heater or A/C anything
Boxed lower rear control arms w/ ST lowering springs.. no more rear sway bar
90/10 Front shocks from lakewood and stock replacement in rear
30x9 Goodyear dragway specials.. couldn't launch at any higher RPM than idle or i would spin outta the hole.
Lakewood "slapper bars" for coil spring cars.. took some moddification to work...
Redline around 5700 RPM shifting at 5600.. would pull to 6 but never feels right IMO..

Time for some more weight reduction and a better camshaft.. the 270 is pretty mild.. seems smaller than most 268's now produced

Probably a million other little things done and lots of modification hours put in.. and a great ratty look.. lol.. makes people plug their ears on burnouts.. but doesn't look like a low 13 sec car.. though i'll be in 12's in no time

Old 01-23-2008, 10:10 AM

Have a little money in that car do ya? It looks like a sleeper and runs like a sleeper. When it gets to the 12's another video for sure. Nice ride would love to own it myself

Old 01-23-2008, 11:08 AM

Yea.. i like the fact i don't have to trailer it.. i just drive it down the freeway and still have less than 7k into it.. mostly because i'm an auto tech and do all ofmy own labor regardless of the task though i built theengine in highschool and ran 16.0's after my firstversion then came gears and transmissions/comverters.. my dad bought me the car because he was afraid i would get into trouble with the GTA i wanted.. It was a low 20 sec car easy when it was stock lol.. I would get out-run by a mid eighties f-150 with astraight six and leaky carb back in high-school.. Though i also have a project 89 formula.. so this is now more of a test car for the formula..

Old 01-23-2008, 11:45 AM

IC, the formula well run like a bat out of hell with the set up you have in the Monte, but I've always liked the sleeper look. A guy I work with just built a Caprice Station wagon that has I believe he said right around 500 hp out of 350, bored out, with a beefed up Trans and Rear end from a 86 Formula. That thing halls *** and sounds badass. I don't know what size cam but it sounds great, almost like it's going to die, lol. I know for exhaust it's long tubes, 3" true duals, back to Super 40's Flow's. Talk about mean sounding. LOL, very nice Monte tho

Old 01-23-2008, 12:45 PM

Well i'll keep it for as long as i can.. The setup in the formula is similar but i tiny bit hotter in compression and cam.. i wanted to be able to drive it too. Its funny because most people will call me a liar on its ets/ speed.. lol.. oh well. tell it to all those mustangs/gto's/camaro's that i've run and beat

Old 01-23-2008, 12:48 PM

Hey I understand when I had my truck people wouldn't believe that it was as fast as it was until they where looking at my tailgate

Quick Reply: Video Of My Monte